Chapter 31 - 3x13

Kaitlyn P

Kaitlyn P.O.V.

I had been thinking about the text message from Augustine for the past couple days, but I couldn't figure out what it meant. Who was the body that they had so clearly obscured?

It couldn't possibly be one of my friends that they were holding captive, right? I mean, I would notice if one of them was missing. 

"Hello?" I heard Katherine's tired voice say as she finally answered her phone. 

"Thank god you finally answered!" I let out a breath of relief. "I thought that you were the one they were holding hostage!"

"What the hell are you talking about?" she snapped. "I've been busy compelling an entire town to forget they saw me."

"Augustine is back with the threats," I sighed. "And this time they have somebody we know in their clutches. Now whether that person is on their side, or one of us, I still haven't figured out yet."

"You need to be careful Kaitlyn," she said sternly. "I don't care if it's one of your friends that are stuck there. Screw them, just make sure you survive."

"That would be good advice, except, I actually care about my friends and want to keep a healthy relationship with them," I laughed bitterly. "But anyways, I'm glad you're okay."

∆ ∆ ∆

"There's a murderer on the loose?" I raised an eyebrow. "That's nothing out of the ordinary."

"Yeah, but the Sheriff found Elena's fingerprints on the murder weapon," Damon explained. "We all think it's Meredith that's killing people though."

"Alaric's new girlfriend?" I questioned dubiously. 

"Yeah, for all we know she could be the latest psycho in this town. Anyways, are you gonna come with me and Stefan?"

"Where?" 

"Have you not been listening to anything I was saying before?" Damon groaned. 

"No, I actually haven't been listening," I said truthfully. "My mind's a little distracted at the moment. Sorry, what were you talking about before?"

"Klaus and Elijah are inviting us over for a friendly dinner chat."

"Elijah's undaggered?" my heart leaped in joy. "Why doesn't anyone tell me anything! Honestly, I feel like I only know a quarter of all the tea being spilled around here."

"Why are you asking me to come? Why not Elena or Bonnie?" I asked suspiciously. 

"Because it turns out that both of the Mikaelson men like your company," Damon sighed. "I know, it's a mystery why."

"Rude. But okay, I'll come."

"That was a quick decision. Maybe because you're excited to see your boyfriend again?" Damon smirked suggestively.