Epilogue - 3x22

Kaitlyn P

Kaitlyn P.O.V.

"Mmm, this candied apple is so good," I groaned as I savoured the sweet and crunchy taste. 

"I can buy you another if you want," Klaus linked his hand with mine, smiling down at me. "But I much rather think you would enjoy the taste of me instead..."

"Nik!" I practically choked on a piece. "Remember what we came here for?"

"Yeah yeah, I know," he rolled his eyes. "But that doesn't mean we can't take some detours. Some spontaneous nights in motels. I heard that's where a lot of action happens."

I laughed at his suggestive eyebrows. 

"Liam said the Augustine Building was in Baltimore, and so here we are," I said in exasperation. "But he failed to be specific. This is gonna take forever."

"Not necessarily," Klaus shrugged, and randomly grabbed a person off a street. 

"Klaus! You can't just go kidnapping people!" I hissed. "We talked about this!"

"Relax, I'm just compelling them," he protested as the scared stranger looked like he was going to wet himself. "Now, do you know of any mysterious buildings in the city? They may be abandoned, or secret?"

"No," the man said robotically. "I just moved here."

"Ugh," I sighed as Klaus flung him back onto the street with annoyance. "Hey, what about that street?"

I pointed down an abandoned street with houses that looked like they had barely survived a tornado. At the very end of the street was a large grey building, the windows caged away and a huge sign that said VACATED. 

"That looks like a good place to start," Klaus smiled, and we walked towards the building. 

We arrived a short few minutes later, and looked up at the gloomy place. It looked completely abandoned, and I'm gonna admit it, a little creepy. 

"Alright, let's go," Klaus said promptly, walking in before realising I wasn't next to him. "What's wrong?"

"I make it a habit not to go into scary haunted buildings," I said sheepishly, feeling goosebumps on the back of my neck. "What if this goes wrong Klaus? What if they are able to capture me again? Or hurt you?"