Chapter 35 - 3x18

Kaitlyn P

Kaitlyn P.O.V.

"When I woke up I thought you were gone," Klaus complained as he stampeded down the stairs. 

"Sorry, I was just really hungry," I apologised, already in the kitchen and spreading jelly on my bread. "I'm a big breakfast person."

"So you thought you could just help yourself to our kitchen and food supplies?" Kol strode into the room. 

"Oh, I-I..didn't think to ask you. I'm so sor-"

"Oh stop messing with poor girl," Rebekah sat down at the table. "Of course you're allowed to use anything here. You don't need to ask."

"Yeah I was just joking," Kol chuckled. 

"What are all of you doing here?" Klaus pinched the bridge of his nose. "I thought I would be able to have breakfast in....you know...private."

"Oh, c'mon Kaitlyn, he wants all of us to leave," Kol said cheekily, getting up and pulling me and Rebekah out of the room. 

"No! Just you two," Klaus pointed to Rebekah and Kol in extreme frustration. 

"Ahhh," Kol smirked. "You should have been more specific brother. Apologies."

"The urge to dagger that boy is growing," Klaus hummed under his breath after the two had left. 

"Calm down," I laughed, winding my arms around his neck. "They want to get a reaction out of you, and you're doing just that."

He leaned in for a kiss, but I gently nudged him away. "Morning breath," I reminded him. 

"First of all," he said indignantly. "I don't care about your breath. And second of all, vampires don't get morning breath, much less mighty hybrids."

"Well, oh mighty hybrid. Go make me some tea, and then I'll consider kissing you," I crossed my arms with a smile.

∆ ∆ ∆

"I've got the tantalum," I burst back into the Mikaelson house, panting. 

You would really think that angels had more stamina in human form. Oh well, I was out of shape. 

I frowned at the lack of noise in the house. Then from far away I heard a yell of pain. Thinking it was Klaus, I dashed towards the noise, only to find that I was completely wrong. 

Hanging from the ceiling by his wrists was Damon, and Rebekah had a long knife, craftily cutting along his major arteries. He looked up when he saw me, communicating with his eyes that he needed help. 

"Well... look what you've caught," Klaus stepped in from behind me.  "If you're trying to bleed him of vervain, don't you think it would be easier to hang him upside down?"

"What the hell are you doing?" I demanded angrily. "What did Damon do?"

"What gives you the impression that I did anything," the raven-haired vampire managed to croak out.