Chapter 14 - 2x16

A/N: This is going to be a slightly shorter filler chapter, I'm trying to speed it up to Klaus ;)I woke up to the strange feeling of someone flicking my nose

I woke up to the strange feeling of someone flicking my nose. My eyes opened blearily to see Katherine's face hovering over mine, hers extremely impatient as she tried to wake me. 

"Finally, I was about to throw you out the window," she huffed, rolling off my bed.

Last night we had gone back to my apartment, and basically had a slumber party. Then we had both fallen asleep on my bed while watching a chick flick.

"Um, I would have died if you did that," I reminded her. "I live on the 5th floor."

"Yeah, but I would have healed you before you went comatose," she grumbled, pulling the covers off. "Kaitlyn, I shouldn't have stayed the night. I should be long gone now. Australia's nice this time of year."

"Wait, you're leaving now?" I asked, my sleepiness going away in an instant. "But Katherine, we have a plan! We're gonna kill Klaus!"

"Yeah, and I'm sure that'll go great," she drawled. "Lynie, you should come with me. I know I said that it was dangerous before, but now it's too dangerous for you to stay. Klaus is coming here! To Mystic Falls. Plus, who knows what your brother has rolled up his sleeves!"

"I can't just leave my friends," I told her uneasily, making my bed as she began to collect her things. 

"Well I'm your best friend," she said grumpily. "You need to let other people take the fall if you want to survive. Trust me, I know."

"Kat, please just stay until this afternoon at least. I have a breakfast date with Rose I need to get to." I pleaded. 

"Rose-Marie?" Katherine spluttered in shock. "She's still alive?"

"Yeah, didn't you betray her?" I asked curiously. 

"For survival, yes. Plus, she turned me."

"What?!" I gasped. "I didn't know that. Well, I don't think she'll be very happy to see you, so just stay here."

"Lyn, I need to run. I can't waste another minute!" Katherine remarked urgently, reaching out to grasp my wrist. "Please come with me."

"I.." my voice was brimming with doubt and uncertainty as I struggled with a decision. 

"Wow, okay," my best friend's eyebrows quirked in hurt. "I can see you've already made your decision."

"No, wait, Kat," I spoke up, but she was gone with a swish before I could even bat my eyes.

∆ ∆ ∆

"You've spoken with Katerina?" Rose shoved another piece of bacon in her mouth as she indignantly looked at me. 

"No," I lied quickly. "Isn't she still in the tomb?"

"I would think so."

I didn't want to tell anyone that Katherine and I were easily conversing. Stefan had already been suspicious all along that I was working with her and plotting some evil plan. I didn't want to give the others any reason to join him in that opinion.