-- .. ... ... / -- .

Time is mocking me
and now I'm fighting gravity
I'm destroying me,
colliding worlds will set you free

He scanned the hallways and each room, office, and anything. Empty. This floor has always been the cleanest during his trips.

He went to the only lit room throughout the floor.

It's a conference room, with a holotv for deliberations, a long table, and nasty eccentric plastic chairs for everyone to sit during meetings.

Jisung treaded along the vinyl floor brushing my fingertips on the table.

He can still smell his scent in this room.

I am hearing, even his voice at different times of the day, year and week. He used to manage and oversee the meetings.

Jisung took out the ritual dagger from his bag.

"I know you will not come back with me."

He giggles as he dug the blade lightly on his palm and slits it.

He let the blood flow and walk around the long table and painted his blood over drawing patterns and incomprehensible writings and sigils.

Soon, his hands stopped bleeding and he has to cut it again to open a wound and continue his drawing while humming along with it.

Figures and shadows hovered outside, lurking, it's as if he's attracting and inviting them. He can see them crawling all over the facade of the building and clear windows. He put the votive candles from the family he dined with, one by one, scattering them immensely throughout the floor.

He looked over the city outside, It was dark almost like a blackout. No cars, Only streetlights. The country is dead. He breathes in, trying to focus on his senses.

He picked up noises from downstairs and upstairs alike, strange presences and the most prominent one upstairs, It almost saw through him.

He's already here.

Jisung couldn't bother the other noises nearby him. He shook at the presence about to devour him and he stopped.

He gotta set it up. A little more hope that maybe he'll eventually come around. He's been keeping track of the time in his mind, but the looped staircase fucked it up. He can't trust any clock. He needed to check for the stars and moon placing before he actually knows the time.

"Fuck. I don't wanna go upstairs." Jisung sighed.

"I really don't wanna go."

"AAAAAHHHH!!!!" He screamed out his frustrations.

So, he goes upstairs.

He mushed his cheeks to prepare himself. Sneaking in for every knob and turns especially at the rooftop's door. The door creaked as he opens it and Jisung can't help but curse inside his head in his internal meltdowns.

He took a quick peek at the sky, 11:37 pm.

Jisung's heart raced as he saw the lurking shadow standing in the middle of the empty rooftop.

He didn't bother closing the door and slipped back in and ran for his dear life.

He parkoured along the stairs as quietly as he can, He can smell him and hear him.

He's not moving.

But his heart knows the guy noticed him. It beats like crazy. he tried calming down or else his presence will be much more exposed than it already is. Even if he is cloaking his wavelength. Jisung still ran as if he's being chased.

Out of 10 trips, this is the second time that he fucked up. He isn't prepared. The first time a mess. Jisung held in his tears.

But this is messier, the conjunction should've been next month it's September still.

He secured the door when he made it back inside the conference room quietly. He can smell fire.

The candles he set are all lit before he left.

The room was not supposed to be dark.

He swears to his dead lover that he left the lights open and the candles unlit.

_____________________

miss me