-.-. --- -- .

My Angel close your eyes
I'll be your lover tonight

Pitiful lullaby
to sing the tortured to sleep.

This too will pass

Jisung

Jisung wakes up.

He shot my eyes open panting and up the bed.

In my hospital lab gown. Inside my very own specialized glass isolation chambers.

The boy in the neighboring chamber called for me.

"They're gonna put a heavy dose to you later, I heard them talking."

Chan said. He didn't have to open his mouth to communicate with the rest of us. I can hear him inside my head. The nine of us are like this. After years of injections of the serum, They suddenly became like this, yet they didn't tell the white coats.

"The lab coats came in earlier, taking 032000."

"What did they do?"

"I don't know, 032000 was still sleeping, he won't wake up."

"Playtime will be tomorrow."

"Yeah but 102598 still is unresponsive."

Jisung looked at the other boy in a white hospital gown, various wires and tubes plugged in on him just like all of us here, on the corner chamber, He can hear his jagged breathing and failing lungs. He looks at him with lack of emotions

He's gonna die.

"He never talks but he clearly can hear us."

"All of us approached him already, except you, 091400"

"Okay, 100397."

"081199's status is unknown too."

"We're 8 now. One of us tried breaking his machine support and stepped out trying to pull our plugs."

"Aren't we all supposed to be above normal human IQs?

"040897, moved out under the influence of some experimental flowers they've been curing."

"He didn't know the side effects, we all almost died."

"Weirdo."

"100397, I'll be going now, I can hear them on the gate."

Jisung frantically went back on the bed after pretending to play on some colorful block while conversing with Chan.

It was another day of being strapped in that bitch of a chair.

They were  being monitored 24/7 through cameras. They know about his heightened hearing and smell so he doesn't't have to hide it.

"040897 was locked up at helle, who knew what goes on in there."

"020801 got justice."

"He deserved it." Hyunjin said as they play.

"Him dragging 020801 was never fine. Even as a joke." Felix hugged Jeongin. They all have the same above-average brain function, healing, and strength.

But for Jisung, they are trying to take away every pain he can feel until he couldn't anymore. Subjecting Jisung to more extensive torture right after, testing the healing abilities, limits, and nerves. Everyone went thru it but Jisung was the one less receptive. He was the only one who actually went numb and displayed the desired results

He can always hear their cries at each session.

He then sat beside 102598 on the fake makeshift hill of the garden during playtime.

And Jisung just grabbed his hands.

His breaths sounded sad. Just because he doesn't feel physical pain doesn't mean his heightened emotional quotient didn't apply anymore.

Their brain's capacity is widened to the point that even bits of information-heavy or not can still be processed without their sanity breaking.

Tears fell down his cheeks. I wiped them and smiled at him. I squeezed his hands.

When they get back to their glass containers, He could hear his calm breathing. He got a lighter sound on it and the other 6 six can hear the difference too.

"Jisung what did you say to him?" Chan asked.

"I said nothing."

They tried escaping once but we weren't enough. It was a premature plan. They suffered because of it. They tried developing a matter that nullifies the serum that means it nullifies all their acquired abilities, leaving them frail and more susceptible for punishments

Years passed and they didn't need the machines anymore and got their own rooms, into full subordination. They were grown as desired  The capabilities level and development they had are all different. Jisung's senses are sharper than the others as well as the rapid regeneration. Lately, hey are being subjected to fight scenarios and would spar each other.

The they became some sort of black ops.

Chan is mostly psychic. Jisung can't make things float but Chan sure does.. His thinking is much more on a different level for us. Like an enlightened person.

Felix has the fastest reflex and is most flexible. Light on his feet and deft with his hands

Hyunjin has better eyesight than Jisung, to the point he has some sort of precognition. bits of the future.

Jisung cannot beat Changbin in arm wrestling. That man destroys things in touch.

Seungmin's hearing was better than mine. His range is higher than mine, He speaks any language, he has higher memory than all of us.

Innie is the most fragile one, His case was different to us, he heals days later yet, He can manipulate people's perceptions, create illusion, He's almost like Chan but different.

Thank goodness, They halted the torture to others because they didn't get numb, because of that they didn't put them in the iron maiden. Jisung still felt that one a little bit, crushing and searing him alive

___________

come