Chapter X: How Far I'll Go

**************************

Paco Cepeda

Flashback from two months ago

Every fairy tale has a Prince but I'm no Prince, I'm just somebody else's bastard. In other words, I was born out of wedlock. I am Nielle Riley I. Cepeda, despite being an unwanted child? I still get to know my real name and who I really am but I think it might be better if I hadn't know my identity because it's useless.

As soon as I finished my senior high school, the legitimate children of my father wanted me gone for good because they were all threatened by my existence so they plotted behind my back to get me in trouble so here I am.

Out of the blue, I suddenly became a criminal in the eyes of everyone. I'm not allowed to go back in there and I don't intend to do so, I may be quite but I'm not blind nor deaf.

The fact that I am intelligent and very talented person are the reason why they hated me a lot since I was seven years old even if I wasn't doing anything to pissed them off or get in their way.

I know where to place myself and I already clearly told them that I have no interest on everything that our father owns because those things are not mine and it will never ever be mine to begin with, I never understood their feelings towards me from the beginning but it's clear that all they want is for me to be gone from their own sight and from out father's sight.

It's been two weeks since I ran away from my home and as soon as the airplane landed, I immediately applied everywhere regardless of the job that they will give me because I need to earn money but only one company accepted me even if I was undergraduate. The name of the company is AV Financial Company and starting tomorrow, I'll be working as a secretary.

I don't really mind having a lower position in this field because all I need is enough money to feed myself and to be able to find a new place where I can call it my own home, I still have enough savings to get by for at least three months because my nanny gave her own money to me and that's the reason why I managed to escaped from the guards without any problems.

As soon as I passed those guards, I immediately bought a plane ticket even I had nowhere to go. I don't know where I was headed in the first place so I chose Philippines instead.

My Filipina nanny said that my birth mother was a Filipino citizen and that I was a Spanish mixed with Filipino blood, I believed her words about my biological mother and right now? I was hoping to find her in this country because she's the only one that I have left.

Before I run away, my nanny handed a piece of paper to me. My biological mother's address was written in there, I'm keeping it inside my pocket and I'm not sure where to begin looking for her because this country is big and I don't know anyone. But as far as I know, my best friends are staying in this country and I badly need their help if I want to find my Mother.

I can communicate with people using seven different languages bevause I was taught how to speak in Aranese, Basque, Catalan, Galícia, Spanish, English and Tagalog. My nanny was the one who taught me a lot of Tagalog words, she told me that it'll come in handy and she was right about that one. At least these people can understand what I'm saying.

When I arrived in the Philippines, I honestly had no idea where to go nor what to do. I've decided to contact one of my best friends who has been staying in this country for quite some time now, he was the one who provided a place for me to stay and he was also the one who suggested that I should submit my resume at AV Financial Company.