8: Last Drink

ELLE

He was very persuasive, his charm never leaving him while he talked. This allowed him to eventually achieve anything he pleased. That's how he ended up standing beside me while I unlocked the door to my flat, making me agree to share one last drink with him before our ways parted for the night.

"Don't expect I'll jump into bed with you already because I let you come inside. I barely even know you." I explained as I opened the door to the small living space, letting him in before I closed the door behind me. Brianna was still at work, and if I remembered her schedule correctly she wouldn't be back for another two hours.

"Then let's get to know eachother." He shrugged off his blazer, placing it folded on a chair of the dining table near the door before he turned to face me.

"Alright. Let's talk." I agreed, kicking my heels off and tossing my clutch on the table. I walked to a cabinet full of bottles of alcohol, looking around the available options to offer to him as his promised drink.

"What would you like?" I asked, glancing back at him. He made his way to the small couch and rolled the sleeves of his white button down past his elbows.

"D'you have any whiskey?" He asked, to which I chuckled.

"I do, but it's the cheap kind."

"Doesn't matter." He shrugged, getting situated on one end of the couch. I took the half full bottle out of the cabinet along with two short glasses, placing them on the wooden coffee table before joining him on the narrow sofa. I poured the liquor into the glasses, filling them halfway before I handed him one. He was sprawled onto the corner. One arm stretched onto the back of the couch while the other held the drink on the armrest. Legs spread widely while his trousers seemed to fit him perfectly, giving me a good idea of what he had to offer. But I promised myself I wouldn't give in to him that easily. I folded one leg onto the couch, sitting sideways to face him.

"Are you really willing to tell me stuff about you even if nothing happens between us?" I still hadn't really accepted his proposition, but I could tell he was prepared to do anything to make me agree. To sit here and say I wasn't attracted to him even in the slightest would be one of the biggest lies I would ever say in my life. His persistence to get me on board only added to that attraction, no matter how much I knew this was a bad idea.

"Ask away." He prompted, nodding to my question before sipping on the drink. At this moment I realised that I really had no clue about his life other than his career and his finances, so I started off with the simplest question I could think of.

"How old are you?" He chuckled at my question, shaking his head.

"Are we back in school?" He mocked, a grin on his face as he rose an eyebrow.

"To be fair, I know nothing about you. So just go with it." I reasoned, taking a small sip of my drink to avoid getting dizzy from it.

"Alright then. I'm twenty nine. How about you?" He gave in, answering my question even if it seemed pointless.

"Really? You look younger. I'm twenty three." I didn't mean it to sound like a compliment, but I could tell from the smile on his face he took it as one.

"Let's make this a bit more fun." He didn't really give me the chance to protest as he took the glass out of my hand and placed it on the table along with his, turning to sit sideways so that we were both now facing eachother.

"I ask you a question and you move a bit closer once you answer and vise versa." He suggested, his intention being as clear as day. However, he was giving me the opportunity to learn more about him, and I knew he'd answer easier with a motive so I accepted, sitting up a bit straighter and making sure there was a good amount of distance between us.