35: Facade

ELLE
Life In The Fast Lane-The Eagles

I avoided checking my phone while I was still with Niall, because I was honestly not ready to face the music. I had to brace myself, taking deep breaths as he drove me back to my place that morning. He was still insisting it would be no problem for him to skip practice again, but I wouldn't hear it. So I practically made him drive me back home before he left for the stadium.

Nothing could have prepared me from what I faced when I checked my socials once in my room. The reason I waited for so long was because I wanted to deal with the consequences of our very public outing on my own before I'd tell him.

It wasn't just one picture. There were about a dozen different ones, all clearly focused on the two of us since the surroundings were blurred. His hand was on my knee for most of them, my arm around his as we leaned into eachother. And this wasn't even the worst. What really had me a nervous wreck was the one he kissed my temple. There was no way out of that one. And it was just my luck I stumbled upon an Instagram post from a celebrity lifestyle page, the title and caption under the collection of most of our pictures only adding to the damage.

thelondoncelebeye NEW COUPLE ALERT?

Famous footballer and desirable bachelor Niall Horan makes second public appearance with rumoured girlfriend, Elle. The duo attended the latest London Lions game last night along fellow football star and teammate, Louis Tomlinson.

The girl of unknown identity had been spotted with the star before, celebrating on the football field after his team's win against Arsenal recently. Though no confirmation has been made from either of the two, pictures of them sitting close and showcasing intimacy were recently taken (see above). Sources say the couple did not leave eachother's side the whole night and left together on the star's motorcycle.

Fans had been speculating about a possible relationship between the two for months. It would be the first time since Niall Horan's divorce in 2012 that the star had been rumoured to be in a serious relationship after his many love affairs.

What do you think? Write your comments below.

My heart was pounding as I read the caption, palms sweating and making my phone a bit slippery. I didn't care I was seen with him. I wasn't ashamed of our relationship. But there was no way the public information would miss my boss for a second time. The only consolation to it all was that the only information the press had on me was my Instagram account which I was sure to keep private, making an effort to remove most of the followers I had accumulated before closing down the profile.

I didn't know if I should tell Niall, though I was sure he had seen some of the pictures we were tagged in. But I didn't wanna worry him. For the first time ever, he actually looked happy. His smile would always be genuine and his mood cheerful. I didn't wanna be the one to ruin that. So I kept my mouth shut, pretending nothing had happened for the whole evening. And he didn't say anything either.

We went to the concert as he had promised me, watching the show from the VIP box. Once again, it was surreal to me to see one of my clients in action. This time though it wasn't a football field. It was an arena flooded with screaming fans, the person I was here for showcasing his radiant personality and beautiful voice through a collection of highly catchy songs.

Harry being incredibly successful in the country, I already knew some of his big hits and didn't hold back singing along. And I knew he wouldn't admit it, but Niall did seem to have fun. He spent most of the concert stood behind me, one arm wrapped around my shoulders to keep me close by. But I didn't mind it at all, so I let him. Harry did spot me in the crowd at some point while he was talking to the crowd, sending me a quick wave that I returned. His charisma was once again on display to the world, capturing everyone's attention. He was incredibly likeable, so much so that you couldn't hate him no matter how much you tried.