21: Birthday

ELLE
Boyfriend-Ariana Grande, Social House

"Girls, this brunch is exactly what we needed." Megan beamed as we all settled in our seats around the square table.

"Yeah, its' been a while since we've seen you two." Liz chuckled as she pointed to me and Brianna. She wasn't wrong. We haven't had the chance to meet up since that night in the club two weeks ago.

"I've just been very busy. A girl is out sick at work and I've been covering some of her shifts." Bri sighed in exhaustion, slumping into her chair as she picked up her menu.

"And what about you Elle?" Megan smirked at me, cocking an eyebrow as she twisted a strand of her blonde hair around her finger.

"What has kept you busy?" She slyly implied, glancing at Bri knowingly.

"Work. What else?" I chuckled, lifting the menu to appear busy and avoid this conversation.

"Right, work." Megan's voice was still full of sarcasm as she and Bri smiled at eachother.

"Wait, what did I miss? What's going on?" Liz chimed in, furrowing her dark eyebrows in confusion.

"Oh, nothing. Just Elle seeing that hot club owner we met." Megan shrugged, lifting her glass of water and taking a long sip. Liz looked between all of us surprised, though I knew she had her suspicions too.

"Seriously? Isn't that guy like a famous footballer?" She questioned, making Megan widen her eyes in realisation as Bri just smiled to herself. I was starting to feel nervous because I knew it wouldn't take them long to connect the dots. Bri was the only one that knew who Niall was and I would've liked for it to stay that way.

"Hold on a second! He's a footballer?" Megan turned to Liz instead of me and I could practically see the wheels turning in her pretty little blonde head.

"Yeah, I saw something online about him and the club on the opening day." Liz was still puzzled while Bri chose to stay silent, clear amusement on her face.

"Okay, wait. Let me think this through." Megan said before keeping quiet for a few seconds. In the meantime, a waiter took our orders and she looked at me again once he was gone.

"So Elle. You've been seeing someone for the past what? Month? Two months? It was obvious the owner is that guy and I'm pretty sure he was the same person who took you home last time we went for drinks." She was on full interrogation mode but I just kept listening to her without saying a word, having some hope that she wouldn't figure it out.

"But wasn't it then that you also got your first client? And wasn't he also a football player. And if I recall Bri's words correctly, he was pretty hot."

"Oh wait. He must be the same guy! I saw him looking at her that night before they left together." Liz added, starting to understand the situation as well. I groaned in annoyance, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Okay, so let me get this straight. You happen to meet a guy and start seeing him at the same time you get a client. And you refuse to tell us anything about him. I think we know what's going on now." Megan victoriously smiled while realisation dawned on Liz.

"You're dating your client?" Liz asked, a bit too loud for my liking. I widened my eyes, taking her hand and shushing her.

"I'm not... dating him. We're just-"

"They're fuck buddies." Bri was so casual about it, making all three of us dart our heads to her. And it was just my luck that the waiter was able to hear it as he came over with our coffees. He widened his eyes and cleared his throat but tried to act natural while placing the glasses and mugs on the table. I wanted to disappear from the face of the earth after that embarrassment.