Chapter 5 Meeting again

Fate is such a playful thing; you never knew what lies ahead.

Riley

I was taken back by my instinct and rushed towards her. I knew all of them were shocked and they never understood what I'm doing.

"You knew her." Team leader asked me

I only nod as a reply and start to carry her at my back.

"Sally, go take the customer order. You take Dani to the clinic at the right next district." Team leader said before she assisted us out of the store.

Luckily Dani is not that heavy for how quite taller she is for a 5'6 than I'm 5'5.

Team leader Liz looked out for us and informed the assistant doctor what happened before she left "I'll go now and watch her. I file this as an excuse."

"Thanks" That's all I can say with a smile.

"Put her down on the bed"the assistant said as she helped me tent the bed before I lay down Dani "and the doctor will come soon" she added while writing something in her notes.

As I lay her down, well, that's the time I felt her weight after she got out of my back which made me immediately look for a chair to sit on. After I sat on the chair beside the bed, the doctor came out from his office.The assistant doctor handed her note to the doctor and only looked at me for a few seconds then to the patient. He never asks but starts straight to the point question.

"First of all, Do you know that she hasn't eaten this morning?" He said while tapping the note in his hands.

"No, Doc" I answer and look at the patient who's lying now on the bed.

"Hmm.. I see and also she has a hangover. Please remind her to don't do it this time or she will have an ulcer. I recommend that she will take a rest of the day plus when she wakes up. Feed her." The doctor handed me his notes and the assistant came over for the bill.

I only looked at the bill and notes to think about whether I should pay her bill for now and made her in my command. Remembering maybe the reason my body moved is to put her silence about where we met.

I stand as I pay her bill to the doc assistant and reassure I'll be by her side when she wakes up. I came back to her and pulled the curtains to cover where she was then I saw her stir.

That's the moment I jump to her bed and pin her hands up with my left hand as the other one covers her mouth.

"Don't do anything stupid or you will regret it." I said to warn her.

Dani

I look at her why she is pinning me down and my head still hurts. I glare at her when she said the sentence " Don't do anything stupid or you will regret it." 

She hardly pushed me down so I licked her hands that's covering my mouth. She pulled out as flatter from what I did. "Move out or scream" I said furious but she fought back and kissed me.

It's the first time I felt so calm and peaceful but it didn't last long "Don't tell anyone where we met and I paid your bill." It came to my sense I was left dumb fold living me here at the clinic. I saw my bill and the doc notes for me. I almost forgot that I didn't eat today.

I left the clinic and went back to the store. It's fully crowded now and my coworkers are so busy they didn't even see me. I went to our locker as I saw her. " Right, I forgot to thank her" I said to my thoughts " But why did she have to pin me and warn me?" I was clueless till I noticed she was gone already.

"Damn, what am I thinking?. Skipping the opportunity" I argue to myself and try to catch her.

"Hey" I called her " Wait up" She didn't bother to turn around to look.

I grab her hand to make her stop "Let go of me" She resist me

"I just wanna say thanks but looks like you didn't care" That's when I saw her look at me straight to the eyes like it would kill me and my stomach growl.

She laughed like crazy, not even minding the people walking by. "Didn't I care?" She said before dragging me to somewhere else.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask as she leads.

I just looked around and saw a small cafeteria.

"Don't ask just- " She trails off "Where here" and pulls me inside.

"Sit down" She said and called the waiter as she whispered something to him.

"Wow, I never knew something like this close by is as good looking as it seems." I said while looking at her.

"Well you never look at it" She said as it blew me off.

Then the order came and it was a complete pack of meals. Egg on one side with a vege salad next to it plus one pork of meat. Literally a balanced meal "What is this? Wanna make me healthy?" I ask so I can irritate her.

"Yes, you told me before. I didn't care." She is bold and feisty to think.

I dig in and she as well "I never catch up your name" I said while chewing meat.

"Cause you never do too" She replied in a mean tone.

"Can I know it?" Now I ask. I was never a straight person to talk to but somehow there was something about her.

"I'll give it to you but can you submit it to me?" She put down her pork and looked at me for an answer.

I never answer and look down to my plate as I finish it. I came up with the payment first before she did again and said "Thanks again" I bid her goodbye. I was about to leave when I remembered something and went back to her. " It is my decision whether to tell or not. You can't order me around" I whispered to her and patted her shoulder.

"See you" I grin at her before leaving her behind but take my pride in what she asked me. "She can't take on me. I know what she is," I said in my thoughts as I got home.