Chapter 6 Trial

You can't escape what lies in front of you;

Dani

The next day

I got to the workplace early but when I got there I saw the new girl, well still don't know her name and no name plate.

She just smirks at me and punches her time card. Is she challenging me?

“Wow, someone beat you early monday?” Sally sneak at me behind before getting to the room 

“Well yeah and I hate her” I replied while I change my clothes 

“That's weird, you're supposed to thank her cause she's the one who took you to the clinic right and looks like you both knew each other. Give me a sauce, what's the probs?” She nagged me at my waist after getting up by her elbow. 

“No, I will keep it. You just watch” I glare before I leave.

Sally keeps pouting at me the whole day even lunchbreak lucky I don't get to encounter that girl. The whole operation of the restaurant is good. Until the manager asked me to get some tissue because the table was running out of tissue.

Luckily the storage was open to think someone is there. I looked around and searched for the tissue. I didn't see anyone so I closed it. We're all too busy until it's already night time and time to go home. 

Then that's when I felt someone was missing. I went back before the manager left and locked the store. I saw the manager was still there and fixing something so I immediately went back to the storage room. 

I searched. I don't know why this room was big until I saw her looking almost lost in hope. The moment she realized she was found. She hugged me and we both dropped on the floor. To think it looks like “I win” I didn't realize I whispered it out loud that made her look at me. 

She pushed me away “No ,you didn't” She replied before standing 

That's when I heard that the door shut down. We both look at each other and run to the door quickly. We both shout “ we're still here,Sir Mike, Sir...” 

No one replied to us “This is your fault?” I said irritatedly and it's getting cold 

“Why blame me? I saw you last here and you shut me down here” She pointed at me and sat down in other boxes.

Guilt rush over me and replied “I know thats why I came back”  

“I dont care so dont blame me, fuck nothing will happen if we will talk like this” she said in a mad tone.

She stands up and sits beside me. 

“Why are you sitting beside me? I thought you were mad at me?” I said and she look at me frowning

“Don't you feel it? It's cold. I'm cold” I just look at her after what she said 

“No” I bluntly replied and move away 

Well I can endure the cold. Let's see if she still isn't gonna give me her name. 

I smirk “if you give me your name maybe me can both survive” 

“Oh, you're using this as a trial for me. Fuck you” She move away and start to pick some boxes and build like a wall. 

“What are you doing?” I ask and just watch her 

“Don't you see I'm making a house out of box,so when I go inside will be hot in there and don’t you dare cross here” She madly and irritated replied 

“Your smart but lets see” and I get some old boxes too and lay down to it 

Cold never bothers me. I like it more than hot, which makes me only mad. I saw her finish and get inside.

Till I remember I got my phone but no cignal. I checked the time it's 3am and I heard someone sneeze. I peek at her box while she's cold. 

Back of my mind I don't go in there because of my pride but deep down I want to hug her, my conscience said. This situation challenges me to do it or not to do it. 

Then my instinct kicked in when I heard her sneeze again. I don't care what I said before as if I can't run away from my guilt. 

“What are you doing?” she jolts when I came over to her 

“Stay still” I hug her and remove some boxes away so I can fit in.

I felt her ease in my hug and I heard her say “It's Riley” in a whisper before she snored.

I laugh because how tried,easy, irritated this was but attractive.

“Maybe I can't get enough of you for this” I said before drifting to dreams 

It was a peaceful dream. Well, I get to see myself again happy. Happy with her and living together till I woke up from too much light.

I looked around and she was gone then I found someone standing next to me.

“Morning”

“Sir mike, good morning” I stand up and fix the boxes

“So both of you were locked up here? How come?” he ask curiously 

I told him what really happened and lent me a day off. I bid a goodbye and get my things 

I tried to catch up to Riley but she's totally gone 

Now I want to know her more. Maybe the next other day, I will try to bother her more. 

My stomach rumbles. I remember I need to eat because last night I didn't get one. I tried to go to the local cafeteria where Riley took me. Then someone honks at me before stopping in front of the cafeteria and there's Riley getting in the car. Whose car is that to think about and it does not look like a taxi for me. 

Curiosity envied me while I ate at the local cafe and got home. All I did was chores today to avoid that mindset. It makes it hard to sleep if I'm not tired and my brain will still go on. Speaking of tiredness, I felt it and went to bed early for tomorrow.