Chapter 9

Quick PSA - There thoughts are underlined and italicize. Also most of the place I talk about are made up.
Enjoy :)

Hope's POV

I walked around the house in my shorts. Everyone was gone and I wanted food, so I walked down stairs to the pantry. I opened it grabbing the box of gushers. When I closed the door to the pantry, I heard the door bell ring. It was probably Tia she forgot her keys earlier. I looked through the peep hole.

Omg! What the heck is Micah doing here

I slowly backed away from the door trying to be quiet. To bad the floor didn't agree with me. It's little creek set the room off. "Hope I know your in there. I can hear ya on the floor boards. Now come open of the door it's hot out here ma."

I had no choice, so I opened the door. He looked me up and down from the screen door. "Hi," I said. "Hey ma. You gon unlock this screen door?" "Um sure why not." My nervous smile peeked threw as I backed up letting him in. He walked past me grabbing the gusher box out my hand. I might be weird and awkward, but I don't play about food.

"Um sir did you just take my food." He looked at me laughed, "This ain't food lil one. This a snack." I rolled my eyes.

Your a snack!

I pushed the thought out my head and grabbed the box from him. "Well we don't have a real food right now because we need to go to the store." He nodded, "So come with me." I looked at him my shorts rolling up as I moved on the couch. "Come with you where?" My voice shook a little as he did a quick look at my legs and back up at me.

"To get real food." I nodded, "Just let me change." "Naw Hope what you got is good. It's hot outside and I know you finna go put on the darkest sweatpants you can find." I looked at him and looked back at my legs. "C'mon now get up, I don't have all day jit."
This man just called a jit

I got up and walked towards the door. Making sure to pull my shirt as far down as it could go.

Micah's POV

I watched Hope pull down her shirt. I mean it didn't do much, but I wasn't finna tell her. We got to my car and I opened the door. She thanked me and I walked around to my side.

I opened my door starting the car and turning the air on high. "So where are you taking me," Hope asked. "Girl I said to get food." Her eyes cut at me and I laughed. "Naw but fr I taking you to place I know, my buddy started it." She nodded. While waiting for the light to turn green. I felt her eyes on me. I turned to look at her.

"Something wrong." She shook her head turned back to the front. I was laughing on the inside." The light turned green and I pulled off resting my right hand on her thigh. I saw a small chill run up her arm.

I pulled into the burger place. Smelling the food in the air. I looked at Hope, "Hope you love burgers," she nodded her head.

We walked inside of the JA's Burgers. I grabbed Hopes hand, because she was moving slow. We got in line. As we waited hopes phone went off. She unlocked it and looked down at it.

We had made in to the front of the line. "Hey Micah, you should have told me you was coming I would have already had your food ready," Aj said. "Naw man it's fine plus I got someone with me so." He nodded looking at Hope. "So what y'all want?"

She looked at the menu with a sparkle in her eye. "Bacon cheese burger, with cheese fries and strawberry Fanta." He looked at Hope with my smile. "My type of girl - one who loves food." She smiled with a little embarrassment. I ordered the same thing expect with half lemonade and sweet tea.

We sat down at a table next to a window. The sun was shining on her skin making it look like melted chocolate. I grabbed my phone and took a photo of her. "Hope you barely be talking. Why?" She shrugged and looked at me. "I don't know, I guess from being bullied. If you don't saying anything no one will notice you." I shook my head. "I know how you feel." She looked at me shocked.

"How?" I smiled at her, "when I was a kid I couldn't read, nor see. Everybody would make fun of my glasses and how I would stutter in front of the class. I mean this happened all the way until 7th grade." I looked at her she was lost in the story, "then summer came, and I spent all my time trying to learn how to read better." "And," she said waiting for me to finish. "And then in 8th grade I could read without that much of a problem. Growing up my dad did everything for us, he barely could read but he held it down. He graduated college last year after 13 years." She nodded her head smiling. "I always wonder why your glasses were so strong, and your dad's a strong man. Like father's like son." I laughed and she smiled at me.

After a few more minutes of talking our numbers got called. We grabbed our food and decided to eat at her house. I dapped up Aj and left.

We pulled up to Hope's aunts house and got out. We walked inside heading to the table. She took her food out the bag and said a quick prayer. I did the same and we ate. She did a little happy dance as she at the burger. "Is it bussin," she looked at me. "In fact it is!" I laughed and ate my food.

We were full and laid out of the couch. "Mm Hope you wanna do me a favor." She looked at me her eye brows twisted. "Come cuddle with me." She had a smile on her face. She slowly got up and came to lay infront of me. Her back on my chest. "See now I'm comfortable." I heard a slight giggle and I closed my eyes.

Long chapter for you guys.
I hope it was good don't forget to leave feedback y'all. Make sure to vote and follow.
Love you :)