Chapter 11

Micah's Pov

I walked across the house going into my dad's office. I knocked on the door, "Come in." I opened the door and walked in. I sat down in the chair across from his. He looked me up and down. I was my dad's twin. Sometimes I felt like he birthed me.

"Tell me about what's going on Cah." I was about to say something, but he stopped me. "You finna lie and I know it. You be smiling at that phone like it be talking to you." He said laughing stroking his beard. I realized in this moment my dad was older - getting older. 41 going on 42 but looked 28.

I looked at him and chuckled. "Dad c'mon what you think going on?" He shook his head and rolled his eyes. "I think you got a girl!" He said turning
in circles in his chair. I laughed and nodded, "Yeah and no." He looked at me with his eyebrows raised. "We talk but I like her and she like me, she just shy. She like momma." He nodded his head, I use to see his eyes break when I use to say her name, now he breezes by it. No emotion towards it.

"Well whatever you do make sure you not playing her and she's not playing you." I nodded, " She different dad." He nodded and we talked some more

"Cah let's go food I'm hungry," my dad yelled from the kitchen. "Why not cook!" He walked in and scratched his head, "um we ain't got no food." I laughed and got up slipping on my shoes, and grabbed my keys and phone. He grabbed his stuff and locked the door.

We got in car and looked at each other. "Wings?" I looked at him with a smile, "Wings." He smiled and we drove off.

We got seated and order our food. "I wanna meet this girl." I rolled my eyes. "I'm just really getting to know her... we not even dating yet." He rolled his head, "And what you want me to say?" His head stuck out. I laughed and waved him off. "K dad give me some time." He nodded his head and our waitress stopped at our table.

"One double buffalo wig platter with 2 sides of fries and 2 refills." We nodded are heads and she sat the food down. She made sure we was good and left. "The waitress got the hots for you my boy," My dad said hitting his knee!"  I shook my head, "Maybe, but right now I'mma chill with what's happening with Hope." My dad shook his head and smiled, " So that's her name, Hope." I nodded and we started talking about college.

My dad always encouraged me to be better then him and finish school when I had the time and not 13 years later. I always said I would live up to that. I meant that. "I want to go and I already know that, but I don't what I want to major in."

He nodded. "You got a few months, just think about what would make you happy in life. Imma support you no matter what. As long as you graduate with a degree that can get you job." I nodded understanding while we ate our food.

I was back home and on FaceTime with Hope. "Why are you looking like that?" She asked as I stared at my tv. "Trying not to die." "Ooo," she said with a low tone. I groaned as I got shot. I've been stuck at this level for a week. I just turned off the PlayStation and put the remote up. "Anyways what you doing mocha?"

She looked at me funny, "Not the nickname." I laughed and grabbed my phone. "It's Tuesday right," she asked? I nodded and she hummed. " You still coming over tomorrow?" I asked puzzled since she looked busy. "Yeah I'm still coming."

I nodded, "But still what you doing." She looked up her phone, "Doing summer work." I nodded, "But why though?" She huffed, "To keep my mind busy and plus why not make it bigger with knowledge," she said with jazz hands. I laughed and flipped over on my back. "Mmh I mean your head already big, but continue." She cut her eyes at me, "says the one built a like a bird." I laughed, " Girl you know you see this abs," I said point my phone screen down showing off my abs." She looked at me funny, " I see wrinkle line but yeah they abs I guess."

I pulled my shirt down and looked closer in the phone. "You bold for someone who wasn't talking 3 weeks ago!" She laughed hopped in her bed. "Only for you," she said winking. I smiled and we talked some more.

"You better be here at 11 we spending the whole day together. You wanna drive or you want me to pick you up?" She thought about for a second, "Umm I'll drive." I nodded, her voice was soft with a light raspy tone kinda like Brandy or Beyoncé with her Texas accent but quieter. I nodded and we said goodnight. 

That's a wrap y'all. Ik it's not a double update but I feel asleep. This is a filler chapter also sooo thanks for reading. Thanks to my reader who be voting early and reading love you. Hope y'all enjoyed. Also excuse any grammar errors!

Love you :)