Chapter 16

Miami, Florida
June 6th : Thursday
Continued

After breakfast, we were trying to decide if we wanted to go downtown or to top golf. In the end, we never even got close to making a decision so here we were back at Micah's house in the living room. I had never really noticed the living room and how it was neutral with pops of reds and yellows. I did remember Micah telling me how his dad wanted his house to have color - something he didn't when he was younger.

I had never meant Micah,'s dad. Heard his voice but never face to face, if he looked anything like his son I could see why he was always out.

I quickly though returned to the chatter of the group of people who sucked at making decisions.

"Guys why don't we do top golf on Sunday afternoon and then today we can just chill," I said hoping no one was going to be angry at the fact that I put in my 2 cent.

They all looked around and shrugged. I took that as they didn't mind.

"Y'all trynna have a bbq," Vonnie questioned?

"Nigga you finna cook the food cuz if so I'm good on that."

I laughed at De'Von's comment considering he couldn't cook either."

"Can't either of y'all cook for real!" Micah said laughing.

I chuckled and the boys soon walked to the backyard. While the girls and me stayed inside on the couch.

"So how was your stay at Casa de Micah?" Rian asked with a delish grin as she sat with Tia.

"It was fine, had some great sleep and woke up to a house full of friends," I shrugged as I retold the story.

Alex and I were by the pool our feet in the water. I laid my head on her shoulder and just enjoyed the view and the smell of food cooking.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Honestly there's not a thought up there, to be honest."

She laughed and I just continued to think about how much the last month has changed my life. The pink danced in the skyline as the orange set over us. The day was coming to an end which made me sad. The smell of food quickly drew me back to what I really wanted.

"I really hope the food taste as good as it smells."

Alex laughed at my comment while I got up lending a hand to her too.

"Yeah let's hope so... though I do have many takeout options in the case they screw it up."

I chuckled and walked over to the back door opening it and letting Alex in like the gentle lady I was. We walked to the table to see the food laid out I was surprised when I saw ribs. It had only been 3 hours or so since we even had the idea to have a small cookout, but I refrained and just put one on the plate.

"Aht stop looking at my ribs funny Coconut."

"I'm sorry I'm just trying to debate if I should taste it or not."

They laughed but I was serious. We were all gathered at the table. I picked the rib up it smelled like fire but smells are deceiving. I could tell thar it was tender. I took a bite - the bbq sauce going on the side of my mouth. I rolled my eyes at how they didn't taste bad. They actually tasted good; really good.

"They not bad I will admit."

Vonnie smiled as he told me he could cook despite earlier comments.

Very Much a filler chapter. So for the slow updates school was kicking me in my back. But this summer I should be able to update more and finish the book. It not gonna be a long book. Let me know what y'all thought. And thank you to the wonderful reader who's been commenting, and all the readers who have been here since I started the book!!!

Love you :)