Chapter 14

Miami, Florida
June 5th

Hopes POV

I was in a corner while loud music played. I just scrolled on my home screen trying to look like I was busy. It was really flashy in here and I hated really bright lights. I felt a someone in front of me. I looked up to see Micah. I did a little wave and he smiled at me. "Dang a little wave it all I get not a hi." I just looked at him. "It's just really not my place here." He nodded his head his glasses catching the light. They were brown with a clear coat. "Why you standing in a corner ma." I looked at him, "I have no children sir and I'm standing in a corner because it's just really bright and loud in here." I had to scream slightly for him to hear me. He nodded his head and grabbed my hand. My feet moved before the rest of my body did.

Hate when that happens

We moved through the crowd swiftly Micah never letting my hand go. He lead us to the front door and took me outside. He held my hand all the way to his car. It was different car then usual. A black Mercedes Benz and not his big ole truck. He let go and opened my door for me. "Thank you," I said as I slid in. He nodded his head and shut the door before going to the driver side.

"So where are we going?" He looked at me and then back at road. "Wherever you want to go." I nodded my head as I felt his hand on my thigh. "Let's go to your house if you don't mind." He nodded his head driving. "You look beautiful by the way. I was going to tell you earlier but you complained about the lights," he said laughing. I gasped and lightly hit his shoulders. "Thank you but how rude of you mr." He rubbed my thigh and laughed. A wave of chills ran down my body.

"So Micah... are you smarter then a fifth grader?"

"Of course I am!"

"Then what's 5 x 8?"

"40."

"You are correct!"

He laughed at me and grabbed me by waist from behind as I leaned down to grab the pen I dropped. "Oh sorry." I said bumping into him when I came up. He whispered in my ear while I gained control of the pen. "You're fine."

I slight tingle was in my body. He turned me around to face him. "Since we didn't get to dance earlier let's do it now." I smiled at him and said, "Sure but prepared to be out danced." He laughed and turned his speaker up. I could hear this is "This Why I Love You" by Major playing.

"May I have this dance," he asked with his hand out in front of him in a bowing pose. "You may." He lifted up and grabbed my hand, "Great because my neck was starting to hurt." I laughed and started moving to beat of the music.

After a few verses I could here light singing. It wasn't bad at all in fact in was really good. I slowly lifted my head off his shoulder and looked at him. "You can sing!" He shrugged his shoulders. "Don't shrug at me mr it wasn't a question."

"Yeah I can a little." I shook my head, "More then a little sir." My face letting all my happiness and confusion come across it. "Yeah I guess so, but I gotta ask you something Hope." I nodded my head still looking at him.

Longest time I've held eye contact

"I know you said you was scared about getting in a relationship, but I really do like you. No matter how much you believe I don't. I like ya little smile, ya eyes, ya hair, ya stomach, I like ya whole body. I like you. Give me a chance, and yeah I know I sound a little wimpy but this how I feel. I wanna be ya little boyfriend."

I looked at him for a second. Tears coming out my eyes. I scrunched up to stop them. He cupped my face and wiped my tears with the pad of his thumbs "Hey don't cry I'm sorry look if tha-."