Eight

About a week has passed since Kuroko was invited to help out with Midorima's "surprise" party. The past few days were filled with nothing but supplies shopping and decorating. Most of the food was either bought by Momoi or made by Murasakibara.

Momoi had prospected that they shall decorate a few hours before the party, giving time for the guests to arrive and for the food to be set up. The pinkette made a list of people (not a very long list) and made sure to send an invite at least 3 days in advance.

The Oha-Asa fanatic's birthday, unfortunately, was going to occur on a Wednesday, much to Momoi's despair. Luckily, Akashi agreed to cancelling practice that day, albeit reluctantly.

Everyone was instructed a duty beforehand; each had to get their tasks completed before the party arrived.

Momoi was in charge of getting Midorima to the park the day of the party. Everything else was planned by her, anyways, so no one had any complaints.

Akashi was in charge of making sure the guests arrived on time. Aomine and Kise were in charge of decorating (even though Momoi was hesitant at first). And last but not least, Kuroko and Murasakibara were in charge of making the cake.

Everyone found it cumbersome to buy one when the purple-haired giant was a master baker; Kuroko was indifferent about the whole thing, though.

So now, a day before the party, Kuroko found himself in front of an unfamiliar house, already cursing himself for being so 'nice'. Why did he agree to help again? He barely knew these people, he had no part in this.

Inwardly sighing, Kuroko strode up to the home before warily knocking on the front door. He waited a few minutes before it swung open in his face. Shockingly, the first thing Kuroko saw was a clothed chest.

Peering higher, the blunette had to crane his neck to look at the giant purple-head. Kuroko observed the male, taking note of the shrouding purple mop of hair and the tall and lanky body, adorn in a sweater along with a simple pair of jeans.

Somehow, Kuroko felt an easygoing and carefree aura coming from the teen. It calmed him, in a weird sort of way.

"Ne~ Are you the person Aka-chin was talking about?" Murasakibara pulled the teal-head from his muse, moving his large body from blocking the entrance. "You can come in, y'know."

Kuroko cleared his throat, feigning a cordial facade. "I'm Kuroko Tetsuya, it is an honor to meet you Murasakibara-kun."

Murasakibara nodded, stalking toward what Kuroko assumed to be the kitchen. "Let's get started, Sa-chin will be angry if we don't finish these sweets on time." Kuroko followed suit, inspecting all the ingredients littering the kitchen counters.

"What did you have in mind for the desserts, Murasakibara-kun?"

The center raised a finger to his chin thoughtfully, squinting his eyes in the process. "How about a triple layered cake?" Kuroko felt his eyes widen momentarily before letting out an inaudible exhale. "Something more plausible please?"

"It seems easy to me."

"There aren't enough people to eat that amount of food, Murasakibara-kun. Don't forget, we have other people bringing food as well," the blunette's reasoning was weak yet accurate. There was an estimation of, at the most, 10 people; a triple layered cake wouldn't suffice, not in terms of lacking, more of... it would be de trop.