Ten

A/N: Ahh! Tell me why I got so happy when I got my first review...

I've been wanting to make these chapters a bit longer because there is so much I wanna fit into one–everything is planned out (as sad as that sounds) so things will start picking up from here.

There has been a lack of Akashi moments recently... that sucks so I'm starting this off with... AKASHI! YAY! I know y'all love him as much as I do, right?!

Also, if you haven't noticed... this is sort of a slow paced AkaKuro– BUT! It's definitely picking up from this chapter onward... I promise!

Fyi, the beginning of this chapter is a 'continuation' of the end of last chapter– I'm sure y'all are smart enough to know that already tho!

xXx

"The Kuroko family, huh?" a man in his late-thirties was sitting at a posh-looking dining table, layered with fresh traditional japanese cuisine and beverages. He had a small smirk on his face despite his brows furrowed in uncertainty.

"Is something the matter, otou-san?" Akashi walked into the room, uniform clean; no wrinkles to be found. He looked perfect, as usual.

The man briefly acknowledged his son before focusing back on the newspaper. "Nothing of importance, Seijuro. You should eat, you are wasting precious time." The younger redhead simply nodded before taking a seat.

The two ate in silence, the sounds of utensils hitting glass was the only thing heard. The maids and butlers stood by the table, ready to take any finished plates.

As Akashi finished, he rose from his seat before quickly heading for the door. A mumbled, "I'll take my leave now... otou-san." was heard before the door slammed shut. The older Akashi sighed before setting down the newspaper.

"I know Seijuro-sama asked already... but is something wrong, Akashi-sama?" Masaomi glanced at the butler genially before standing. "It's a business matter. Nothing you need to concern yourselves with." The response received a curt nod before the butler excused himself to the kitchen.

Making his way out of the dining room, Masaomi let a small smirk form on his lips. It appears he will be making some pretty important phone calls this morning.

As the younger Akashi exited the mansion, he gave a dismissive shake of his hand toward another butler; signalling him away. He had already told them of his dislike of such high-class transportation. His father kept pestering him on it, but he always refused.

Instead, he opted for walking. Akashi didn't live too far from the school, but it was still a good 15 minute walk. He didn't mind it, though. It would help increase his stamina; even by a little bit.

If he was 'lucky', he'd run into Midorima or Murasakibara on the way. Despite the green-head's odd oha-asa obsession and Murasakibara's food compulsion, Akashi would conclude that those two were their favorites out of their 'group'. Kise was loud and obnoxious while Aomine was self-centered and lazy.

Aside from that, they were exceptional players so he found no need to be rid of them. Speaking of basketball, Akashi had to think of a training regime for them this summer. The break was coming up in a few weeks so time was limited. Finals were coming close too...

Shrugging, Akashi threw those thoughts to the back of his mind. He could always think about it later. He was sure that a plan would come to him sooner or later. He was an Akashi after all. Astuteness came easily to them.

Arriving at school (and not having seen Midorima or Murasakibara), Akashi started off toward his first period class. He was sure to see the moss-head there anyways.