Twelve

A/N: This chapter might be a little triggering so please... viewer discretion advised. Please read warnings before continuing. I won't be putting any line breaks during the story to signify the triggers, so y'all just need to look out. Skip any parts if necessary or don't read at all.

Anywaysssss, on a calmer and happier tone, thank you for almost 900 reads (on Wattpad) and thank you for 2.7k reads (on Fanfiction.net). I love you all and I hope you will enjoy this chapter – it's another long one, so prepare yourself. Also, from now on the chapters will be longer and I won't be giving a warning >:D

Trigger Warning: Mentions of suicide and ghosts!

Warning: BoyxBoy / Yaoi – don't like, don't read!! (Profanity and future M-rated content).

Pairings: AkaKuro – possible side-pairings.

xXx

Kuroko was confused. No wait, beyond confused!

He thought things were starting to change. He must have been so terribly wrong. One moment, Akashi is nice and tolerable, then haughty and arrogant the next. What in the name of bipolar is this shit?

After last night, he was sure he had finally gotten the redhead to accept him–guess he was wrong. Oh, so wrong. That morning, Akashi had woken up everyone but him to go run laps in the forest (he was only given a note to suggest their absences). This was supposed to be a trip for them to relax... guess someone like Akashi Seijuro just couldn't stop himself from being imperious; even on vacation.

To be honest, he didn't mind all too much. He wasn't one for hardcore, phyiscal activities so he was glad to have sat this one out. He just didn't understand why Momoi had gone with them. She was their manager so he guessed she went to observe them? He wasn't completely sure.

In any case, it shouldn't have bothered him as much as it did. He barely knew any of them so this kind of routine was probably normal. He would just have to get used to it. A part of him sort of felt happy that Akashi might have actually been thinking about him. The redhead might have considered the fact that Kuroko wasn't big on carnal efforts–if his lack of sports clubs was any indication.

Though, at the very least, Akashi could have woken him up and let him know that they were leaving. Instead, he awoke to an empty and lone cabin, void of any life (other than himself, of course).

He was an easygoing person. Kuroko didn't like to dwell or mope over things for too long so not even a moment later, he was exploring the house. By himself.

It appeared effective because he now memorized the dining room, the kitchen, and the bathroom's location. The family home wasn't too large, but it was certainly bigger than most. Larger than any home Kuroko's ever lived in, anyways.

By the time he finished taking a bath and changed into fresh clothes, the time read about a quarter past eight o'clock. Not too late, but they had certainly been gone for over an hour.

He was starving but didn't want to make something lest the others come back. Maybe he should have gone to find the others. They couldn't have gotten too far, Akashi would most likely be wary of the possibility of getting lost. Especially in such a large and selfsame forest.

He considered going for a walk, hoping for the prospect of running into the others, but decided against it. What if they came back while he went out looking for them? He was sure most of them wouldn't be too concerned but he didn't want to risk alarming Kise or Aomine.

Releasing a sigh, Kuroko decided to snatch a book from his bag and lounge on the couches in the front of the fireplace. It was much too warm to set a fire, but the atmosphere was homey and domestic. He yearned for this feeling back at his small apartment.