Angel.

Spend all your time waiting
For that second chance
For a break that would make it okay
There's always some reason
To feel not good enough
And it's hard at the end of the day

13 May, 2015.

Louis was troubled to say the least. His mind was a big mess and flashes of memories were running around in his head since his meet up with Lottie an hour before the concert. After shouting at Niall and Minnie, brushing off Liam, ignoring his boyfriend for the millionth time and having a shit show on the stage, here he is, standing in front of a pissed looking Eleanor with her face soo red that she looks like a tomato about to spontaneously combust. The girl had apparently lost it with all the secrets, PR stunts, Louis' dodged answers and management's cryptic and abusive behavior.

"Try giving me a straight answer for once Louis!!" she shouts, standing in the middle of the walkway with tears of frustration in her eyes. There are people watching but hell if either of them gives a damn. 

"Straight answer?" Louis laughs bitterly and with a glint of menace in his eyes he shouts, 

"I'm gay!! It's pretty unfortunate, isn't it Eleanor?!"

"I can't believe you just said that." Liam says in awe while Vik is left shocked, but nevertheless, he angrily growls, "Would you like to keep quiet?" the enraged man raises his hand and slaps the blue eyed boy across the face without a second thought and Eleanor gasps. "I.. I'm sorry." she whispers shakily and runs in the opposite direction with her manager and Vik hot on her heels. Everyone falls silent at the sudden outburst with either stunned or disgusted looks on their faces.

Harry knows something's wrong the minute he sets foot backstage. "Did you get into a fight with Louis??" A bewildered looking Niall asks Harry who in turn shakes his head. "No. Why?" 

"Something's wrong." Niall says and goes on to narrate the complete story ending with Eleanor's tears and Louis getting slapped.

"Vik slapped Lou? What the fuck even happened??" Harry asks, heart in his throat at the thought of anyone hurting his boyfriend. 

"I'm pretty sure he just came out in front of Eleanor and blew the concept of his heterosexuality outta the window." Niall says with a shrug, the crease on his forehead deepening. With his heart thumping painfully in his chest Harry finally asks "Where's he?" Niall doesn't say anything, instead choosing to reply with a nod of his head in the direction Louis is, leaning against the wall, sporting a bruise on his left cheek where Vik hurt him with a stiff posture, a far away look in his eyes and a cigarette casually held in his hands.

The green eyed boy approaches his boyfriend carefully, senses on high alert. Slowly gripping his hand he looks at Louis who has now busied himself in watching their clasped hands. "Come with me." he slowly says and the blue eyed boy nods. So they go in silence to their personal hiding spot, which is available behind every stage and is usually just overlooked by everyone so when Louis discovered the place three years ago, it quickly became theirs. It is a small box like space at the far corner behind every stage with carpets and props crowded around, efficiently hiding it from any onlooker's eye.

Upon reaching, Louis locates himself against the wall and Harry immediately positions himself in front of his boyfriend, careful of his movements as he takes the sad boy's hands in his own. It is now that the older boy breaks, silent tears making way out of his red eyes and distress rolling off of him in waves. Without thinking, Harry reaches out to cup Louis' cheek, gently pushing at his chin so that he can see his face. The dark bruise on his cheek contrasts with his pale white skin, watering cerulean blue eyes and bit lips. "Baby..." Harry rasps, voice scratchy with emotion and it's all Louis can take before he rushes into the warm embrace of the younger boy and breaks down crying when Harry wraps his arms around the older boy, resting his head over Louis' with gentle rubs over the boy's back, hoping to calm him down.