Tightrope.

"We took a chonce
God knows we tried
Yet all along, I knew we'd be fine
So pour me a drink, oh love
And let's split the night wide open
And we'll see everything we can
Living love in slow motion"

4 June, 2015.

It had been two days. Two fucking days of silence between Harry and Louis. Two fucking days of misery for the two boys. It was as if a thick cloud was looming over them in the other's presence and to avoid the empty, void like feeling, they tried to be around each other lesser. You see, Harry was ready to apologize to Louis two days ago when he walked out on the green eyed boy, but when the boy returned in the morning with no sense of reality whatsoever, too high to even remember his own name, it irked Harry; because while he was here, getting concerned about his boyfriend's safety, the said boyfriend was off, getting high as a kite in some stupid bar.

When Louis did wake up, returning to his senses, it was time for them to leave for Tokyo. To say that the blue eyed boy regretted everything he did the night before was an understatement. Harry wouldn't talk to him, Liam would glance at him once in a while with a disapproving glare while Niall behaved oblivious to the apparent tension altogether. 

Harry was again experiencing those darn headaches and it was getting harder and harder for him to reign in them. To top it off, Louis went shouting at him and now Harry didn't want to talk to him. It was now that they were settled in a hotel room had they finally gotten some time to themselves.

Harry and Louis were never big on fighting, they already had a complete list of people against them and adding each other on the said list just wasn't it. Louis was miserable, he never did well without Harry next to him, especially what with his media portrayed image and management's affinity towards him. As for Harry, he knew putting off talking to Louis was stupid, he just couldn't help it. The only time they even interacted in the last two days was during an interview and even then, they just oozed tension; pretty sure you don't call your bandmate wanker without a reason, all the while glaring at the said bandmate with angry, irritated eyes. 

Back to now, after burning precious minutes of his sleep helping a majorly drunk Liam get to bed, Harry finally headed towards the room he was supposedly sharing with his boyfriend. After two days of sleeping on the uncomfortable couch, he really needed a good night's sleep before they leave for another place, all cramped up in the tour bus, never mind the fact that he was missing Louis. So after making up his mind about having a long talk with the blue eyed boy regarding their fight, he was ready to snuggle in his boyfriend's arms.

Switching the lights off in the kitchen, he slowly pads towards his room that is engulfed in darkness. It is.... odd. You see, Louis hated darkness with a passion, even when they slept together and Louis wasn't alone, there was always a small light bulb switched on casting a dull glow of light around the room. Harry would've almost believed that Louis wasn't in the room had he not heard the soft sniffles coming from Louis' side of bed.

Switching on the light, he finds the shorter boy curled into a ball on his side soo dangerously close to the edge that if he even dared move a limb, he'd fall off. 

"Louis??" 

The ghost of Louis' name trips out of Harry mouth in a soft whisper and in return, he is received with more sobs, all of them silent, minus the soft sniffles every now and then. It breaks Harry's heart to see this strong statue of brave sacrifices crumble to pieces in front of his eyes. In that moment he realizes how painful it would have been for Louis to find him in the bathroom, all cut up. He shakes the agonizing thought out of his brain as he immediately crouches down Louis' side.

"Hey..." he whispers, caressing the blue eyed boy's cheek and is taken back by how bloodshot Louis' eyes are as they gaze back at him, the tears falling in between them. The older boy closes his eyes at the gentle touch of Harry's fingers, seeking comfort only his green eyed angel could provide and in that moment, it's like they are frozen as the world turns.