I miss you, I'm sorry

Playlist: Love is Gone (acoustic) by Slander, Dylan Matthew
Something great by One direction
Wondering by Julia Lester and Olivia Roderigo

You said, "Forever, " and I almost bought it
I miss fighting in your old apartment
Breaking dishes when you're disappointed
I still love you, I promise
Nothing happened in the way I wanted
Every corner of this house is haunted
And I know you said that we're not talking
But I miss you, I'm sorry

Time stopped when Louis' eyes met Harry's. It was like he was frozen in time while the world still turned. He couldn't break off his gaze but he couldn't look the man in the eyes either. What happened between them in the past was mutual, but it doesn't mean it hurt any less. Harry wanted Louis next to him just like they pictured once, Louis just wanted Harry to jump out at him and bring the burden of everything that weighed him down so that for once the script could be changed but neither of them took a step forward.

The man stood in front of him someone Louis didn't know. Sure he still had the same green, crinkled eyes, full hair, and Louis' favorite dimpled, cupcake smile but he was Harry Styles; he wasn't the Harry Louis used to know and Louis had a feeling that Harry knew. Though Harry did not even stay for more than 5 minutes, Louis absorbed every second he was offered, he took in the green of Harry's eyes, the blue of Harry's nails, the pink of his jumper, and the aura that is Harry.

Louis never wanted to rip the contract off to shreds as much as he was tempted to right now, it was the one piece of paper that kept Louis from reaching out ever again, it was responsible for Harry's and his own misery but, it also meant Harry's freedom and more importantly, his life.

Harry wanted to be close to Louis so bad that it hurt, it hurt him physically and he couldn't breathe without wanting to be next to this blue-eyed stranger who once loved him. Fuck. It hurt Harry to know that Louis was hurting and amid his mum's failing health, Simon's pressure, and the godforsaken media, it was just their relationship that kept him going and Harry took that away from him. He pulled back because he was tired and scared and done with management's and media's drama, not to mention the death threats he was receiving. He wishes that he did not call it quits every day and regrets it deeply. It was later that he saw that they didn't need a break, they needed to sit and talk, they were each other's coping mechanisms and without it, both of them were utterly lost.

Harry took to hurting himself because of course, he thought he deserved it while Louis went and drowned himself in bucket loads of alcohol, sometimes even hard drugs. It hurt them when the lights went out. They missed each other, very much but one was scared of what would happen if he asked for forgiveness after what he did in the past, the other one, he held back for the sake of his loved one's life. One thing that was common though, was the suppressed anger.

Everything was fucking great.

Both of them just wished they could start everything all over again.

While Harry leaves the room in a haste, Louis is left frozen in his spot, nails digging the inside of his palm, forcing his mind to not think about how much he wants to pull the boy back in his arms and never let go.

Maybe one day you'll call me and tell me that you're sorry too.

Harry's words echo in his head, he sits down and takes a deep breath to calm his nerves and tries not to hyperventilate in front of his daughter-

"Louis!!"

Liam's voice cuts through his ringing ears and he breathes out a sigh of relief. He turns around to find a Liam he doesn't recognize, what with long shoulder-length locks and his Jesus-like appearance. Next to him is an excited-looking Irishman, who looks like a far cry from the blonde Ellen DeGeneres lookalike. Sporting a blue polo, brown locks, and a beard is Niall, looking just plain happy. They engulf Louis in a warm hug that lasts not more than a minute but heals Louis all the same and who knows, it may or may not have healed the other two tired souls too.