☽𝚒𝚒: ⁶, 𝚏𝚒𝚝𝚣𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚍𝚘.☾

✿☆⁎✦✦⁎☆✿

𝚏𝚒𝚝𝚣𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚍𝚘: 𝚗. 𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚕𝚘𝚍𝚐𝚎𝚍 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚋𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗—𝚖𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚢 𝚊 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖, 𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚖𝚞𝚐𝚐𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚊 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 —𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚜 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚊 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚕 𝚟𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙𝚜 𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚑 𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚍𝚘𝚐 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚌𝚔 𝚒𝚗 𝚊 𝚌𝚊𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎, 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚒𝚝𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚊 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚙 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚢.

 𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚕𝚘𝚍𝚐𝚎𝚍 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚋𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗—𝚖𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚢 𝚊 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖, 𝚘𝚛 𝚜𝚖𝚞𝚐𝚐𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚊 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 —𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚜 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 �...

✿☆⁎✦✦⁎☆✿

Death is and always will be a painful thing, not only for the deceased individual but for the ones they leave behind as well. We never knew and aren't anywhere close to knowing what happens after death, some believe in places like heaven and hell, others in processes like reincarnation. While they find out the truth of death, the loved ones are left to sort through plagued memories of the departed that might have once been filled with joy and excitement. Some memories could be corrupted by hopelessness, sorrow and grief or lead to anger, self-hatred and resentment. 

Adella had been tormented by the latter emotions and she loathed that more than she did herself. Sweet moments like when he first handed her Morgan or when they trained together for the first time and she threw him in the lake out of annoyance had become sour, endearing moments like when he came in for bring your parent to school day, when he explained to her how he got some of his Jewish beliefs from human J.A.R.V.I.S's wife or when she forced him to let her help create time travel, had turned into scenes that brought her anger and even moments he had no correlation with like the first time she went to the movies with her friends or her first kiss had become nothing more than the fuel to the over eager fire that was self-hatred because he was the catalyst for these moments.

Tony Stark had saved her and given her her life back and this was how she repaid him, by letting him die. He died because she made a promise she now regretted. But he made the same promise, he broke the same promise. He broke their promise and left her stranded without her father again, just like she was when he found her but five years older.

She didn't cry at the funeral, she didn't have anymore tears left to cry, they had been wasted on her pillow that had taken the spot of her 'shoulder to cry on' from the dead man. Adella stood at the front with her mother, sister, uncle and Happy staring at the floral wreath that was sent across the lake she threw him in. 

Della glared at the grave with such animosity that would have lit it on fire if it wasn't for the fact that she knew how disappointed her mother would be with her. Steve glared at it too from behind her uncle but his stare was more a way to stop more tears from falling. An alive Aunt May placed her hand on her alive nephew as they stood on the dock.

The rest of the Avengers and associates positioned behind them in order of closeness to the man. Thor, Hulk, Wong and Strange stood together, the Pym's, Van Dyne and Lang's together, the guardians and Nebula, the Wakandan's, the Barton family, the girl who thought he killed her parents, the man who killed his parents and Sam lingered together, Harley Keener, Maria Hill, Senator Ross, Carol Danvers and Nick Fury mourned at the back, the latter two on the steps to his house.

Instead of staying back to thank people for coming like her mother, Adella had slipped away to their secret spot. Across the lake, hiding in the forest was a small bench, two armchairs and a coffee table where Tony and Della spent their time talking about the past and having unofficial therapy sessions. The chairs had scratches on them from Adella's anxiety stim and a half finished mug of coffee was left on the table to fuel Tony's caffeine addiction. It was a space they had taken for granted, just like she and Crius did with their training space.

As she sat her mind compared the two amazing father figures and realised how similar they were. Both Crius and Tony were incredibly sarcastic, kind, intelligent, caring, selfless and heroic. Della thought to herself how the two would have been such good friends, they would have devoted their time to picking on her while helping with some homework she didn't understand or pushing and encouraging her to test her powers and her control of them. 

Adella's mind lingered to fake scenarios to grieve and the moment she noticed her anger sparked up again and began to rage too fast to control it. She abruptly stood up and the wooden armchair fell from the force, she looked at the mug with such a malicious glare it shattered. Instead of being fearful of what her anger had destroyed she kicked the other arm chair with enough power to launch it into a tree.

A few of the Avengers with advanced hearing abilities that hadn't left yet heard the crash of the chair being destroyed and turned their heads to the ruckus that came from the trees. Della continued to feed the blazing fire and flipped the table in the opposite direction and into another tree. 

Now, everyone heard that and were beginning to get worried that they were going to get ambushed during a fucking funeral until some noticed one of the daughters of the dead was missing. A pained wail came from her throat as she fell to her knees in front of the wooden bench the two had carved their names into as a way to cement their promises. The simple words caused the image of his body to appear in her broken mind, breaking her heart further.

The sob came out unconsciously after she saw the 'I T.S & A.S PROMISE'  roughly scratched into the oak. "You lying bastard!" Della whimpered into her hands as all of the tears that hid during the funeral fell at the speed of light. Tear after tear dropped down her face and into the grass and soaked her dress.

"Adella, are you out here?" Peter's timid and hoarse voice came from behind her as Pepper sent him to check up on her daughter because she knew of their history. Della didn't respond nor did she hear him over the intrusive thoughts that screamed at her and only wept to the flowers that had grown from her tears in front of the bench. The moment Peter saw her hunched figure he rushed to comfort her.

She was decently smaller than him still and fit into his hug perfectly. He lifted her head into the crook between his neck and shoulder so that she could soak his suit instead of her designer dress and the moment she realised their situation she pushed him away from her and stood up, wiping her tears with the back of her hand. 

"You didn't speak to me for four years while you were alive because you found out that I had a little crush on you and then you were dead for another five years and now you have the fucking audacity to try and resume our friendship Parker? After everything? You can take whatever fake apology you have and shove it up your ass because I am done Peter." She didn't mean that. She never meant to hurt him. She didn't mean to hurt herself. 

Adella had let the anger get the best of her yet again.

✿☆⁎✦✦⁎☆✿

A/N: Hi there, hello there. I've had exams yesterday, today and will have them all weeks so this is going to be the last update for awhile bc i need to study so i don't fail. Anyways, I ADORE EACH AND EVERYONE AND HOPE YOU HAVE AN AMAZING DAY YOU BEAUTIFUL BEING.

-Sincerely, Bee.