☽𝚒𝚒𝚒: ➀➊, 𝚘𝚛𝚙𝚑𝚒𝚌.☾

✿☆⁎✦✦⁎☆✿

𝚘𝚛𝚙𝚑𝚒𝚌: (𝚊𝚍𝚓.) 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐; 𝚋𝚎𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐

) 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐; 𝚋𝚎𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐

✿☆⁎✦✦⁎☆✿

Adella's excuse and escape had been made within the first three minutes of her entering the opera house. It was an easy in and out side mission so she was still confused on how she got into her position long before Peter who was to be sat closer to the building.

"All right. I'm in position. As soon as I see something, Beck, I'll I'll let you know."

The blonde was fiddling around with the biker gloves of her suit when she heard the voice call out over her earpiece. "Roger that." She cut in before a certain other man could respond. 

"How's the suit?" It was Fury's voice that echoed that time which piqued Della's interest for the answer, knowing fully well that she had handcrafted that suit herself. "The suit's great. It's awesome. It's a little tight around the old web-shooter."

That was certainly not the answer she had expected, Peter's bluntness bringing upon a light blush to Adella's pale cheeks. "Parker!" Fury chastised and the blonde couldn't keep her bashful giggle to herself, keeping an eye out to anyone taking notice to her position on the terrace of a townhouse. 

For a second longer than she would ever admit, Adella's mind wandered to a certain set of measurements she used when constructing the suit. She was pulled from her thoughts with a small shake of her head as Hill's voice registered in her ear. 

"We have seismic activity." With the heads up, Della tightened her ponytail and begun to ascend to the roof for a better vantage point. The sound of fearful screams alerted her to where lava was beginning to break through the cobbled streets, melting a fountain statue. "I have eyes on the elemental, I'll begin crowd control." 

Despite great amounts of arguing, that was her objective. Adella knew her powers would be most suited to extinguish the flame monster but instead, she was left to steer the crowds of frantic people to a designated safe place while a web shooter and a guy who already failed to defeat said monster were left to fight the battle. She wasn't petty at all.

"Okay, he's here! Beck, you ready? You know what to do." An eyeroll was not withheld by the blonde as she flew around, rescuing stragglers and frozen citizens from the direct line of fire. 

"On your lead, Spider-Man." Adella made a presumption that by the end of the day, her eyes were going to be stuck in the back of her head. To the right to the monsters current position, the ferris-wheel caught her eye, specifically the people crying out for rescue on it. 

Though she was advised to not approach the elemental in any circumstances by Beck, Adella made an exception that she'd defend, claiming she was just completing her task, especially since that certain contraption was made of an overwhelming amount of metal. 

Just as Peter got thrown around like a ragdoll into the bottom of the Ferris wheel, Adella took action. Inconspicuously floating passed the growing beast, she landed on a rung of wheel, close to Ned and Betty, two of her classmates who were not supposed to be there. 

"Hello there. You guys need a hand?" Even from behind the eye mask, Ned could feel Adella's burning glare piercing his soul. Before either could say anything, Adella had begun to melt away the pieces connecting their basket to the rest of the wheel. Noting the two incredulous looks she was being given, she just continued until she was almost done when she looked up.

"Do you guys trust me?" The blonde was met with two very reasonable 'No's' but she just shrugged it off and dethatched the basket, grasping it tightly with some newly formed tree roots and letting it drop slightly before she manoeuvred it to take off and escort the couple to a safer area on the ground. 

Adella dropped again to free the other trapped couple when she noticed the trouble both of the other heroes were in and sighed. Retreating her roots back when the civilians were safe, she made her way down to the green shield Beck was covering Peter in and called out into the earpiece. "The plans not working, we have to improvise. Beck go left, Parker, right. I'll distract it."

Her means of distraction were more so plans of attack but nobody else needed to know that. Throwing a bubble of cold air onto the fist that was about to make contact with the green barrier again gave the others a moment to escape as the lava hardened almost instantly, giving the blonde the opportunity to cut it off with an ice knife, dropping the newly formed basalt to drop to the ground. 

"We gotta hit him with something he can't absorb!" Peter concluded as he began to launch boulders into the lava. Angered, the one-handed fire elemental charged at the web-slinger, launching flames back at him in retaliation as the spider tried his best to evade.

"Spider-Man, keep your distance!" Adella's eyes narrowed in confusion at the stupid remark made by Beck as she disregarded the warning as it wasn't made for her, launching cold water to surround and submerge the molten feet of the elemental as it approached the giant metal structure of the Ferris wheel. 

As the flames lost its balance, its remaining fist pounded into the stone ground, causing a rift leading right up to the vacated attraction. The wheel teetered dangerously towards the monster but it couldn't make any steps towards it considering the fact its feet were now solidified and attached to the street. 

In an attempt to topple the wheel all together towards him, it raised it's hand to blast the bottom with flames when Beck swooped up and blasted the hand back to the things chest. While the others were distracted restricting the lava, Peter made an attempt to web the wheel back into a more secure position, only to have his projectile get caught on an invisible contraption, launching it back into a random alleyway. 

Not letting himself get too hung up on it, Peter returned to the task at hand and stuck the Ferris wheel up to the side of a building, further away from the lava. Just as the situation seemed to be going in their favour, Beck's blast pushed the elemental to topple into some metal scaffolding that it instantly devoured, using it to reignite its legs and reform his lost hand. 

From her position on the ground on the opposite side of the plaza to where Fury and Hill had just driven in Adella has the perfect view of Beck having his fishbowl retract to say something to Peter who was sat on the ferris-wheel. Before Adella could decipher what was going on, Beck had launched himself into the chest of the elemental. 

She watched on in shock as the monster imploded, leaving an unconscious Beck on the street and an odd green residue in the air. When Peter was able to lift the man who looked to be suddenly fine Adella let a breath out she didn't realise she was holding.

Adella sure as hell didn't trust Beck completely, but she doesn't want anyone to die, ever. 

✿☆⁎✦✦⁎☆✿

A/N: Omg, an update that's not two years late. Are y'all proud of me? With it being summer and me not having any friends, I'm thinking maybe a chapter or two per month is a good standard for me since I'm actually so eager to finish FFH so I can finally fully flesh out my ideas for NWH. Funnily enough, I'm actually putting easter eggs of what's to come in these chapters. :). 

-Sincerely, Bee.