prologue

Numb

This is what she was feeling, what would a person feel when love of her life was laying lifeless in front of her.....

No tears came out of her eyes, people say strong is the one who don't cry, but the strongest are who does cry, it needs lot of strength to let out what you are feeling.

Her mother came and hugged her asking her to let out pain she was feeling, but was she feeling any pain no she isn't, all she was feeling was numb. Her mind was blank to register  anything.

She remembered how she denied marrying at the age of 20 with unknown stranger, but being from conservative family she couldn't stop her marriage, but it all soon changed when she married to him, when she started loving him with all her heart. How happy they were with their life. In these three years there wasn't any day where he didn't said how much he loved her.

"Our bond is eternal Anu, and it will be till eternity" her husband's words echoed In her ears.

Was it the eternal and eternity means?? she wanted to question him, but how can she now.

She glanced at her one year old daughter who was staring at her father and tapping his cheek asking him to getup and play with her it's her habit to wakeup her father every morning and play with him before he leaves for his work, how does that little girl could understand that her father is no more, who will let her know that she cannot play with her father like she use to play everyday. Hugging her daughter to her chest she saw her husband questioningly. To ask who will protect her now, wasn't he is the one who promised that he will protect his little princess from everything, why he has to go leaving every promise incomplete.

Life isn't path of flowers but thrones, she couldn't see any path from here nither flowers or thrones she was middle of nowhere.

"Anuja" her mother-in-law's voice broke her trace, she lifted her eye lids to see her

"It's time beta, please say something" that middle aged lady urged her daughter-in-law, Anuja gazed between her mother-in-law and her husband's life less body, she stood up and walked towards her husband, she saw him one last time and kissed his forehead, and went into their room.