chapter 4

Anu stared at stars in the dark sky, she remembered her conversation with her in law's few days back, how they asked her to marry someone for the sake of her daughter. She became angry and stopped talking with them, she even asked them not to pickup or drop Adhira at school she herself started doing it.

First day she was late to pickup her daughter because of her cab which came late, from then she started sending her in school bus, she is too young for going in bus but she don't want to burden her in-laws, who already thinking to marry her off, may be they think she is burden to them.

-*-

"We should talk to Anu again" neela spoke

"She understood everything wrongly neela"

"And we need to explain her Ramesh" her husband nodded thinking something

"First you search for someone who can marry her, then we will talk to her" ramesh explained, neela nodded praying for daughter in law and grand daughter.

-*-

"Mumma" Adhira said grabbing her mother's attention when she saw her mother was looking at her she lifted her both arms, Anu smiled and picked her daughter into her arms.

She walked into the grocery store, with Adhira in her arms. She started shopping keeping her daughter on ground.

-*-

"Shop fast mom" Abhiman groned looking at his mother who was engrossed in comparing two paneer packets of different brands.

"Shut up" his mother hissed, he stomped his feet looking at his mother.

"You are 30 abhi not 3" his mother rolled her eyes adding cheese to cart. Abhiman walked from there. He was looking for something interesting but nothing caught his attention, he looked down when he felt tug in his shirt.

"Hey" he smiled scooting down at her level

"Hi school uncle" he chuckled at her endearment.

"What are you doing here" he asked picking her in his arms.

"Mumma blying (buying)" she pointed towards her mother but he saw lot of ladies standing there shoping including his mother.

"Why all(are) you heal(hear)" she asked gaining his attention, Abhiman smiled at her

"My mumma also buying" he sighed, Adhira giggled.

"Ofoo mumma's take sho (so) much thime (time)" she said dramatically slapping her forehead, he laughed heartedly, listening and looking at her antics.

His mother saw him smiling and laughing with little girl, she never saw her son laugh heartedly after that incident.

"Who is she Abhi" she asked as she walked towards her son.

"Hello" shradha greeted the little girl infront of her, who was looking at her curiously.

"Mom I met her in school, and Ira she is my mumma" he introduced her

"Ofoo uncle, my name is Adhira not Ira" both elders smiled at her

"Hi Adhira iam shradha" when Adhira saw extended hand of middle aged lady she too extended her tiny hand.

Anu looked beside her when she didn't found Adhira she got panicked, she started walking in the store with long strides.

Abhiman asked his mother to look after Adhira for five minutes and went towards chocolate section to buy some for that little girl. When he was walking back towards Adhira and his mom he bumped in to someone, he heard the Yelp of lady he looked down