chapter-1

Happiness, this is what we crave for in our life even though we know that no one's life is path of flowers, hardships are also part of our life which are not permanent they are just Rocks on the way of our destination. No one can enjoy the essence of happiness if we didn't get through obstacles, but sometimes we stuck to those miseries which eat us alive, and make our life living hell.

Sitting near the window, gazing at the dark sky she let her mind wander, when her life used to be happy, how her life turned 360° in one night. shiver ran through her body not because of the cold wind which was flowing on December night, but because of the thought of future, it's not like she is afraid of her its about her daughter, who has to lead her life without her father, it's about her in-laws who lost their son, it is her routine in these two years to think about him, past and future every night.

She didn't realised when sun came, pushing that dark night, she left her room after shower wearing a simple dress, after cooking breakfast she went to room again to get ready her 3 year old daughter Adhira.

She left to work after making sure her in-laws and her daughter ate breakfast. It's her routine in these 2 years working like a robo, people thought that, it's her way to forget those miseries but little did they know that some things are very hard to be forgotten, specially when the person lost everything.

Only Anuja know how she is living for her daughter, parents and in-laws, we can't go with the person who has gone is what her mother-in-law said when she saw Anuja locked herself in a room, even if she wanted to go she couldn't, everyone said to change the place because change in place can make things easy for her, how can a place fill the void of him.

She glanced at the large building infront of her, AKTECH was written on top of the building, releasing a breath she walked inside office, she didnt greeted anyone, she was working here from two years as software developer but she don't know anyone, with whom she can talk.

She never wanted do a job, she frowned when her husband told her to find a job after graduation,

'life never goes as we please anu, don't know what tomorrow holds' these were the lines he said her, but who knows he will be gone one day and she had to look for her daughter's future

She looked at the computer and frowned, but started doing her work typing aggressively, pressing her temples which caused because lack of sleep, she sighed.

She slowly went towards the small cafeteria in the floor and bought some cofee which always helps her to relax, she was never fan of caffeine she always used to scold her husband who was addicted to coffee saying it's not good for his health.

' why are you so addicted to cofee shiv, do you know how much harm it does to person's health'

' As far as I know my Anu was studying Btech but why you are talking like a doctor" he chuckled, she glared at him giving his coffee cup.

She shook her head at the memory, its like she adopted all his habits just to make sure he was still present in her life.

"Hi Anuja" she stilled when someone called her name, it's not like she is introvert or something but time changes everyone isn't it

She looked at the person through her eyelids she hated when someone come and talk to her, she nodded acknowledging the person.

"We have team lunch today will you join" same person asked hopefully, her heartbeat quickened at the thought of mingling with people, she cleared her throat speaking.

"I don't think so, you people carry on" she said again glancing at the computer.

She know the person stood there was Maya who was her colleague and one kind girl, but she doesn't want to befriend lot of people infact she doesn't want to befriend anyone. She heard girls foot steps fading away she sighed in relief