chapter 2

Hey sleepy head wakeup

She heard his voice, her eyes fluttered open as soon as she heard his voice. Her heart broke when she realised it's just her imagination, he wasn't there again and it was not a nightmare which she wished badly it was.

It's two years for that dreadful incident when she saw her husband lying lifeless, it is that day when she lost everything, her smile, her love, her husband.

She got ready and went into kitchen to prepare breakfast, her heart felt heavy lump formed in her throat but she doesn't want to cry, she gulped water to avoid tears coming from her eyes.

"Ma Adi didn't woke up, it's okay if she doesn't want to go school, I will talk to her teacher, and you and papaji eat breakfast, I made lunch make sure you eat.

I know you don't have appetite today but shiv don't like when you skip meals

I arranged a pooja in temple on his name, will you come" she said finally, she wanted to say about pooja from start but she didn't had courage for that, she know they will breakdown, even it happened last time. She can't see them breaking down. They both nodded.

When she reached temple she saw her parents, siblings, their partners and children.

When everything finished, her heart felt heavy, she unlocked his phone looked at his picture which was her wallpaper, it was the picture she clicked when he was going from home that day, who knows it will be his last picture.

"Anu" her thoughts broke when someone called her, she looked at her mother.

"Let's go" she said getting up.

They all started moving towards exit, when Anu exited temple she saw her daughter was crying looking at something she quickly walked towards her

"Why are you crying baby" she asked rubbing her tiny cheeks.

"Mumma where is my papa" little girl asked gaining everyone's attention, her daughter never asked about father, she froze in place not knowing how to explain that to little girl.

"Where is he mumma, see swasthi di is always with her papa, see" she showed her little finger towards them "me and swasthi di was playing and we both fell down her papa helped her to getup" Anu lifted her daughter, she creasing her hair she spoke

"Your papa is with God baby, he became angle, we are here today to pray God to look after your papa" she explained, but one or the other day she has to know, her face was emotionless while speaking.

"Ask him to come Mumma"

"We can't baby, he can't come he went far away, he will never come back" that little girl cried more, knowing her father won't come.

"Anu" her mother in law whispered

"No ma she has to know the truth it may be harsh but it's reality, that hash reality of our lives, she need to aware of that, we can't change the reality or we can keep it many days from her" she finished

"Of course she needs to know that she is just a pathic fatherless orphan" shrishti (anu's elder sister) said

"Di I know you don't like me I don't have any problem with that, but dare you say something about my daughter" her voice was cold

"Anu she is elder to you"

"really mommy you are supporting her why didn't you said anything when she was saying something bad about my daughter" Anu glared at her mother.

Her sister never liked her and she don't know the reason but she doesn't want her daughter to face any hatred.

"Ma let's go" Anu said looking at her mother in law