Chapter 9, Discovery

Arya's methods of speaking:

Bold = Texting or Writing

Italics = Arya's Sign Language Specifically

Underline = Jess's or Lilah's Sign Language

*Arya's POV Today is March 24th*

The weeks passed. Me healing and getting my strength back, Jack going to his work and the girls going to school. Jack, Mrs. Solstice and Jazzy had been learning sign language. In reality it wasn't that bad, except for one teensy-eensy-weensy fact. I WAS FUCKING PREGNANT.

YES, I knew who did it. The terrible thing is I hated it and wanted to get rid of the potential kid. But when I thought about it, it hurt to know I had the ability to kill an innocent. The child couldn't help who its father was.

Also there were many others that I had killed. Not because I wanted to, but because if I didn't I would be hurt by Lex himself. It had been a terrible cycle, me killing for him and him rewarding me.

At first I didn't want to.

*Flashback*

"Hey sweetie. We're going to try something new today. You've been practicing fighting with Joel, yes?"

I nodded, proud that Lex seemed to be in a good mood right now. "Yup! And Joel says I'm doing really good too!"

What I didn't know was that this was the start of something terrible.

"Well, Kitten. You know how me and my mates go on missions sometimes."

"Yea-"

"Well we figured it's time for you to join."

I was elated. Beforehand they had never let me come, saying I was too little. The rest of that evening was spent preparing. I got a small outfit that had two knives and a mask to cover my face. To complete the look I had gone to the training room and gotten my bow and quiver.

The only reason it wasn't a gun was because Lex had deemed it to be too obvious for if I ever got caught.

As the night went on I slowly learned what a monster Lex was. He described the mission as "Taking back what rightfully belonged to them". I didn't think much of it at the time, but soon learned that it meant stealing.

While at the destination I had knocked one of the guards unconscious. But then Lex came around the corner and saw me.

"Is he dead?"

"No! I didn't want to kill him, so I knocked him out."

I thought it rather absurd to kill someone if I could just knock them out easily.

"Listen Kitten, if you don't kill him you will sorely regret it."

"I'm not killing him, I don't want to."

With a quick shot from Lex's gun, the guard was dead.

"Arya, come with me. We're done here, the boys have got everything."

I then wasn't allowed to eat for three days. He gave me water but that was it. I quickly learned not to refuse him.

*End of Flashback*

I was a whole three months pregnant and at two months had started to wear looser shirts. It was now three months. So far I had had very little morning sickness. A majority of the time I was just really dizzy in the mornings, but recently it had begun to be in the evening.