Chapter 11, Revealed

Arya's methods of speaking:

Bold = Texting or Writing

Italics = Arya's Sign Language Specifically or Flashbacks/Nightmares

Underline = Jess's or Lilah's Sign Language

WARNING! There is a nightmare area that mentions violence among other things. It's going to be in Italics, so you can just skip over that part if need be.

*Arya's POV Today is May 24th*

Now that everything was out in the open, it was slightly easier on me. Well, at least mentally. Being five months pregnant, with twins, isn't exactly the easiest thing.

Through some connections I had been able to acquire some funds to help pay for the many medical bills that had been sent. For the most part the were willing to accept my determination to help pay, but sometimes I got a small complaint.

My morning sickness was more like afternoon sickness. Most of the time I got really dizzy, but sometimes I'd puke half the afternoon. Oh, and we'd had to switch all of the soaps and shampoos and stuff because I kept on getting nauseous from them.

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't sleep by myself on the bed. We had found out that if Jack or someone else was with me I'd fall asleep, but otherwise, it just wouldn't happen.

Weekly movie nights had become a thing. Me and Jack would hang out in either my or his bed and watch a movie. There was also the occasional cuddling. That was probably my most favorite part of the day.

Over the past week I had been feeling the flutters in my stomach more. I knew it was the babies kicking, but I wanted to wait until they kicked hard enough for Jack to feel them, before I told him.

Tonight we were cuddling. It had been a hard day for both of us. I had stayed home because I had been feeling sicker then normal and Jack had had an exhausting day at work. There had been a bunch of people on the beach and so there had been many trips our into the ocean.

"How am I going to do this."

I had gotten really good at texting.

"What do you mean?" Jack said, shifting so he could see my facial reactions.

"Taking care of the twins. I'm not going to be a good mom. I never even had one."

"You'll have all of us to help you. And I think once they arrive, you'll know what to do." He says, rubbing my quite large stomach.

"We haven't bought anything for them yet."

He chuckles, "No we haven't, but I have tomorrow off. How about we drop by some stores and see what they have."

I shift as I feel a slight kick to my belly. I locate Jack's hand and quickly press it to my stomach.

"Wha- What's wrong-" He gets cut off when I feel another kick.

"They're kicking. Our babies are kicking."

My mind races at his last sentence. He said our. Our. Our babies. He thinks of them as ours. 

It took me a moment to realize that tears were dripping down my cheeks. They were happy tears, I felt safe. Jack looked up towards me and his eyebrows dropped in concern.

"Hey are you ok Ari? What's wrong?"

"They're happy tears." 

"That's good. That's good."

Then practically out of nowhere he kisses me on the forehead. I'm so startled, that I don't even react, but he doesn't notice as he pulls me into a tight hug.