Chapter 5

Ross gulped down the tequila shot and ordered another one. His mood could only be described as 'bitchy' as Austin said. He didn't want to be at 'Sipic' but somehow his friends convinced him to come. Nothing could get him out of the depressed mood he was in, not his friends and not the alcohol, and surely not any of the people who tried to flirt with him. He just sat close to his friends yet far from them and he called Jerry a few times to fill his glass.

"Ross! " Alison chirped and put a hand on his shoulder, her expression showed how worried she was, tonight her husband watched over the kid so she could come.

"So the group sent me, I'm the chosen one! Yay!" Her voice showed how uncomfortable she was, clearly she didn't want to be the 'chosen ' one.

"Okay, spill it!" She looked at him expectantly. He gave her a dry look "Ali..." he started.

"Don't Ali me!" She huffed. "Obviously something is bothering you, we are worried and curious, mostly curious. " she admitted. " Thank god I was sent here and not any of the others, because seriously you know I'm the perfect person you could spill your heart to." Ross sighed, she had a point. Ali was a good listener and gave good advices, maybe he should just take the weight off of his shoulders.

"Okay," he nodded at her and started telling her everything. From the moment he met Mr Thatcher through the intimate moments they shared and how conflicted he was over the all thing. He couldn't get the man out of his mind , oh he tried but failed, something about the teacher allured him. It was more than just physical attraction, and the fact he barely knew the man frightened him. He wanted everything that Mr Thatcher offered him and more, he wanted to know more about him, he wanted the man. It reminded him of the start of the relationship of him and Axel, that was why he felt threatened. He didn't want a repeat of what happened with Axel, to develop feelings too soon and believe in false reality that will slap him in the face. He didn't want to get hurt.

"You see, I know that once I'll let myself surrender, I'll find myself developing some serious feelings and I'm not sure they will be returned. So why not save myself the trouble and ignore him and his advances? Sounds easy right? However he's irresistible! I don't want to give in because then it will be my end..." he sighed and gulped from his drink.

From the corner of his eye he noticed how uneasy she looked, maybe it wasn't a good idea telling her all of this. But he needed someone, the only one he talked to was Asher and that guy wasn't much of a help. Maybe Alison could help?

"That's a lot, I can see your problem. You met a hunk and you're afraid to get involved with him because you believe you'll develop feelings and you don't want that because you might get hurt. Oh and he's your son's teacher. " Alison summed up.

"Basically. " Ross shrugged. "So? Any advice?" He raised hopeful eyes at her. She scrunched her nose as she thought and then a sigh escaped her lips.

"Look it's your choice but let me tell you just this- this is the first time in awhile that a guy catches your interest like that and I think it's a good thing. I know that Axel hurt you but this guy isn't him so you should give him a chance." She hugged him. "Don't let your fear control you. " she said softly.

"Now go home because you drank enough and I don't want your shitty mood to rub on me." She giggled and nudged him playfully. Ross chuckled and nodded at his friends before leaving, he knew that as soon as he would be out of there, Alison would update the guys on all the juicy details - Ross met a guy and he's all flustered over him. Ross wished it was that simple, maybe it was. He shouldn't let his fear control him, he can accept Mr Thatcher's advances and see how things would turn out. Alison was right, he wasn't Axel and judging him before getting to know him was wrong. He should give him a chance .