Chapter 17

"Get up boys! " Ross called cheerfully, his mood bright and a smile on his face as he finished making pancakes for Justin and Blake. Blake stayed the night in order to make it easy for him to tag along . Someone made his way downstairs and into the kitchen. "Good morning, Ross " Blake greeted and Ross wasn't surprised to see him, it would take more effort for Justin to wake up. Ross was still getting used to Blake calling him by his first name rather than using 'Mr M' , it was appreciated but it would take time for him not to stare funnily at Blake whenever he called him by his name.

"Um, morning. I made pancakes so help yourself, there's syrup in the cupboard. " Ross said as he arranged the table, enjoying the aroma of the fresh toasts he made with butter that mixed nicely with the pancakes'. He placed jam next to the toasts, orange juice pitcher and a plate of cookies , he made coffee for himself. It was a light breakfast but it was enough to start the day . Ross left to fetch Justin, succeeding in waking him just with a mutter of 'pancakes ' to his ear, after that he returned downstairs to enjoy the breakfast himself. " So good! " Blake moaned as he stuffed his mouth with pancakes. "Slow down there, choking on pancakes isn't a nice way to die." Ross teased with a grin, he liked getting compliments even on something as simple as pancakes. Blake blushed lightly and nodded, chewing more carefully. Ross was intrigued, Blake wasn't the blushing type so seeing red tint his face was kind of overwhelming, he looked... cute and innocent in a way despite his muscular and big figure. Ross hummed, not noticing he was staring until Blake cleared his throat awkwardly, his blush deepening. Ross snapped back from his thoughts and took a long sip from his coffee, embarrassed. He scrunched his nose at the bland taste and odd flavor, he wasn't good in making coffee, he decided before spilling it in the sink and washing the remains. Orange juice would be good. "Mornin'!" Justin mumbled and took seat, not bothering with anyone as he started to devour the pancakes, stopping only to gulp orange juice. Ross rolled his eyes and munched a cookie, he knew that it was pointless to reprimand Justin to slow down so he kept quiet. His eyes traveled to the cast on Justin's hand, soon it would be time to take that thing off and Justin would be able to play soccer and video games again, carelessly of course but at least now he learned a lesson - breaking a bone wasn't fun. At all. "Corbin and Avery would be here in less than an hour so Justin I suggest you hurry up." Ross informed. "Dad!" Justin whined " this isn't fair! What about Blake? Tell him too!" Ross stared dryly at Justin, doubting his age. "Blake's a good kid, scratch that , he's perfect so I'm not expecting problems from him. You on the other hand..." Justin knitted his brows " You're saying I'm not perfect? " he frowned. Ross and Blake shared looks. "You're ...perfect in your own special way" Ross said slowly and Justin beamed. "I know!" He grinned and showed his tongue to Blake that stifled a laugh at Justin's stupidity.

"Just finish quickly with your food" Ross sighed in defeat.

Ross was occupied with his thoughts as Justin and Blake talked . It has been a while since the last time he and his son went on a vacation, he always planned ones but never succeeded in taking action, something always got in the way. He was beyond happy when Corbin suggested this trip, he wanted to see this cabin that Corbin visited with his family as a child. He hoped to learn more about his parents as well, he held suspicions that the whole situation was complicated considering Avery lived with Corbin at his young age and not with his parents. Ross wanted to know why, he needed to know why. It wasn't curiosity, he felt a need to know more because of liability rather than anything else. As a lover he should know Corbin's past for good or bad so he could be there for him and offer his comfort and sincerity, so he could support him and understand for all he was worth. He could only hope that Corbin would share with him.

"I'm going to pack my things and get ready! "Justin announced and quickly left the kitchen, running from his father. "You ...! I told you to do that yesterday! " Ross yelled in frustration "You better be ready on time or I swear I'm leaving you! " he offered an empty threat,he would never do that.