Chapter 9

Ross halted his car before jumping out. It was quite late but he simply couldn't wait to see Corbin, he hoped the man wasn't angry with him for their last meeting which ended badly as Ross ran away like a coward. His conversation with Tyler motivated him to have some courage and get to know Corbin, to talk to him at least.

Ross made his way to the building in which Corbin lived. He didn't know which apartment exactly and he also didn't have the code that would guarantee him access to the building. Fortunately some old lady that returned from walking her dog was kind enough to let him in and tell him Corbin's apartment number, that was after she tried to flirt with Ross.

Instead of taking the elevator he chose to climb the stairs to the fourth floor. He thought it would give him time to prepare. He was nervous, his palms sweating and his mouth dry- he didn't know what to say.

Of course that apologizing would be the first thing but then what?

He was never good with those things. Charming someone he actually cared for was difficult because he was too concerned for what that someone would think of him. Yes, he cared for Corbin, more than just cared . He couldn't stop thinking about that man that he barely knew and shared one perfect night with . Every thought brought a small smile to his lips that wavered a bit as fear surfaced. He didn't want to get hurt again, he didn't want to expose his heart and soul only to have it ripped out of him. But he also didn't want to give up to his fears, he didn't want to give up on Corbin. He had a feeling that Corbin was the right man for him, that they would be happy together, and he wanted to try.

By the time Ross reached the fourth floor he was panting, he climbed them too fast. He looked for apartment 19, he was glad the doors were numbered. When he found the door he looked for he stood infront of it and sighed, regret starting to creep into his heart. Maybe he should leave and come back tomorrow at more reasonable hours? Maybe Corbin was asleep? He didn't want to disturb a sleeping man... surely his confession could wait for tomorrow, right?

As he stood there, noises from inside the apartment reached him , voices of two men. One he knew well and the other that called Corbin's name he didn't.

His heart clenched in his chest, pang of pain that made him bit his lip.

Who was there with Corbin? A man at this hour?

His head dropped to gaze intensely at the floor, his palms balled into fists and his whole body shook and trembled. From anger, from pain. He felt betrayed.

He wanted to punch whoever was there with Corbin, he wanted to punch Corbin himself for planting false hope and ideas in his head. He truly believed that he was wanted for more than his body, He thought Corbin wanted more! Corbin told him he wanted more!

Then why? Why there's a man in Corbin's place at this late hour? Why?

Of course everything Corbin told was a lie and he was stupid enough to believe him, to trust him...

Corbin was just like Axel.

An asshole.

Ross hated the fact it affected him that much. He had expectations. He had Corbin stuck in his mind. And he hated it. He just felt like running as far as he could from there, as far as he could from where Corbin and that man were. The pain in his heart was unbearable.

He turned slowly from the door, his hand gripping his shirt tightly, just where his heart throbbed. He took a few steps before he heard the door slam open. And he turned.

"Dammit Corbin! If I want to go to that party then I will go and there's nothing you can do to stop me!" A young man glared at Corbin that stood behind him with a glare of his own.