Chapter Five- Family dynamics.

~Patrick Blaine's point of view~

This week has been incredible. After we left court Monday, we went to work. I heard Zoey cry a few times. I'd go in and get her and take care of whatever was needed. Tuesday Tinley came to get me when she got up. She had Zoey with her because, during the week, Vance works until one to be with her by one-thirty to get there in time to be with them for work. She has her SUV. She had to; she had Zoey.

Wednesday and Thursday were the same way. We've spent the whole week together essentially. I love that we work at the same place and that Nick allows her to have Zoey with her. She did buy a bassinette to put in my office so I can get her when I want her. I never thought I could love anyone the way I do, Zoey.

I get dressed. I'm excited as I do. I had found an outfit on my desk after Tinley told Nick what we were doing. Today we are doing Zoey's newborn pictures. Tinley worked it out to where some will have her in it, and then some will have me. She did request one together for Zoey when she is older. I would have done them all that way. I'd do anything for Zoey.

I hear my door open, and my shoulders sag. I know who it is. I call Tinley. I am going to be late. 

~Tinley's point of view~

These last three days have been above and beyond anything I thought they could be. Patrick Blaine has really stepped up. He is as involved as he can be while working, but when it's just him and I with her doing the morning, he is very hands-on. Sometimes I have to rush to get her before he does. He laughs when I do. He and I are in a great place. He has been very respectful.

He tries really hard not to make Vance mad. When he is here, he will ask him before taking her. Vance has told him that she is his daughter, and he only needs to worry about me. He still does it. Vance just goes with it, but when he deals with Zoey, he will say Uncle Vance or just Vance if he talks about himself to her. He gets that Patrick Blaine is her dad.

I really think this is going to work, especially if Patrick Blaine can stay as he is. I admit I do have a little doubt. I have to. People can change, and I know that doesn't mean they don't revert back either. I am just trying to be cautious when it comes to Zoey. I don't care what he says or does to me. I will never let him say or do anything to Zoey.

Today we are doing Zoey's newborn pictures. Vance requested the day off to be able to go. He did so because I asked him to. It's not that I am uncomfortable around Patrick Blaine alone; it's because he has been a part of her life from the beginning. If we didn't work out for some reason, I would still want him in her life. He stayed last night, so he didn't have to rush this morning. I had showered and got dressed while he was in the shower.

Vance: "My God, you look incredible."

He's standing there naked, telling me I look good.

Tinley: "Thank you. Wait until you see her, though."

While he gets dressed, I dress Zoey. Patrick Blaine bought her the dress, so I wanted her to wear it for the pictures. He worries me because I know he isn't on drugs, nor does he drink. Something is happening to him for him not to have a lot of money. The apartments he lives in are cheap, and his car is extremely old. I can only hope he doesn't have other children. I can't and won't judge him if he does.

Vance: "Oh, Babe! Where did that come from?"