First Date

Couple days later
Victoria Andersen

"Okay class, today is pretty much a free period. So if you have any work to finish from my class or any other class, I suggest you use today's time wisely. If you need help or have any questions regarding the work I gave you, don't be afraid to ask me."

My students nodded and they got to work. I sat at my desk and graded papers in the meantime, just so I can have them done and have more time preparing the next lesson.

As I'm finishing up, I hear a knock on my door and it's the principal.

"Ms. Andersen, you have a visitor." She says to me.

I look at her with confusion. Who could be visiting me? Can't be my brothers since they're in prison and I don't have many friends outside of school, just the teachers I work with.

"Class I'll be right back, finish up your work." I alerted them as the principal watched the students. I walked out to see Dr. Spencer Reid. What is he doing here?

"Spencer, hi. It's nice to see you again, I wasn't expecting this at all."

"I'm sorry if I interrupted your teaching."

"Not at all. I'm not teaching today, the students have a free period in my class so they're just catching up on work."

"That's great." There's a mild silence between the two of us. I wouldn't say it's awkward, but if anyone were to walk in the hallway right now they might think so.

"Soo, is there something I could help you with?"

"Right, sorry. I'm not really good at this, but I think you're pretty and I'm sorry for bumping into you the other day while I was here. I finished work early today because we were just doing paperwork, we didn't have a case today. But I wanted to know if you would like to get a cup of coffee with me sometime?" He rambled on before getting to the point.

Is he asking me out?

"I mean you don't have to, I totally understand if you're busy with grading papers or with your personal life outside of teaching. I just thought-" I laugh and put my left hand on his shoulder.

"Spencer, I would love to get coffee with you." We smiled at each other and stood there for a bit before jumping back to reality.

"Great, so um.. is it too soon to ask when you're free?" I shook my head.

"Not at all. I'm available after school anytime after 4:30."

"Sounds good, did you want me to pick you up here?"

"Actually, I drove to work so I'll meet you at my place? And we can go from there if that's okay with you."

"Sure, that works. Is 7 okay with you?" He asked me. I nodded.

"It's a date." I exclaimed. He hands me his phone and I input my number on it and hand it back to him.

"Great, so I'll see you tonight?" I asked him and he nodded at me. I smiled and he walked away and I went in the classroom.