Finding Out

Spencer Reid

We're all here at the police station, trying to break this case.

"Did you guys find anything at the crime scene." Hotch asked Rossi and Morgan.

"It's sloppy and unorganized. We're looking for a first timer." Rossi replied.

"We went to the coroner to examine the bodies and I can see why in the report it said that a possible mafia gang did this. The way the unsub killed the parents was real brutal, it was overkill." Morgan told Hotch. He then looked at Emily and jj.

"Anything with the sons?"

"They're distraught and still in shock about their parents. They could barely get a word out." jj said.

"But there is still a doubt in my mind that they know something and hiding it." Emily replied.

Hotch patched in Garcia.

"Yes sir?"

"Garcia, did the family have any enemies." He asked.

"Well, the father laid off some employees recently and he's not much of a likeable person. According to some of his employees, he has a temper."

"And did you get any hits on related cases."

"There was one back in the 80s. Erik and Lyle Menendez killed their parents, Jose and Kitty Menendez on August 20th 1989. They said they were at the movies and found their parents both shot and killed in the family room and said that it was a mafia hit. The police back then didn't suspect the boys since they were really beaten up about what happened. That was until they inherited money and went on a wild spree. Then later on, Erik confessed to the killings. The trials took quite a while to officially convict them. Says here that the brothers told the jury that their father was molesting them for years and their mother knew about it and never did anything to stop it."

"Where are they now, Garcia?" Hotch asked and we hear her typing away on the other end.

"Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility. Been there since 1996."

"You thinking it's some sort of copy cat?" Morgan suggested to Hotch.

"Or someone with the same childhood. Prentiss, jj go back to the family home and talk to the boys again. Garcia, send me the address to the Prison, I wanna talk to the brothers and see if they might know anything or know if their parents ever worked with Geoffrey Brennan." Hotch said as him, Emily and jj left. Leaving Rossi, Morgan, and I at the station to dig more into the case.

"Garcia, is there anything more we should know about the Menendez brothers?" Rossi asked.

"Uhm.. well, they left behind their 9 year old sister at the time."

"Was she receiving the same abuse as her brothers?" I asked.

"Doesn't say anything. There's not much on the sister, only that the night of the murder, she was sleeping and then got up when she heard the gunshots. She thought her house was getting robbed, but she went downstairs and found her parents dead. The poor girl, oh the trauma she must've went through."

"Where is the sister now? Maybe we can talk to her and see if she knows anything." Morgan suggested.

"There's nothing on this girl, she existed in 1989 through 1996 and then just poofed, vanished into thin air." Garcia said.

"Babygirl, if there's anyone that can find a ghost, it's you." Morgan replied, trying to encourage Garcia.

"Lemme do some digging, stay on the line." She said as she began typing away and we're all sitting around the table, waiting on her.