Argument

Victoria Andersen

I'm currently preparing dinner at Spencer's apartment. He called me about an hour ago, saying he finished the case and is heading home and since we stayed at my apartment the last time, we should switch it up and go to his which I don't mind. We tend to go back and forth between each others apartments.

"Hey babe, I'm home." I hear Spencer say as he enters the front door. Perfect timing too because dinner just finished.

I turn around and see him coming up to me, I wrap my arms around his neck and gave him a kiss, which made him deepen in. I smirk against his lips and I can feel his hands travel down from my waist to my thighs. He lifts me up and sat me down on the counter, but I pulled away and he groaned.

"We can continue this later, right now it's dinner time." I told him as I hop off the counter and set the table. He goes over to the table and sat down and wait as I brought the food to the table.

"What did you make Vic?" He asked me. I set the pot down and removed the lid so he can see what I made.

"Your favorite dish that I make." I said and his eyes widen with excitement.

"Your chowder?!" He exclaimed and I nodded my head.

"Yes!" He jumped up with joy and sat back down and began pouring the soup in his bowl.

"Mm, oh my god babe this is terrific every time!" He said with his mouth full and I laughed.

"Thank you. I thought I would make it for you since its your comfort food and you had a rough case." I told him.

"Well, this is quite the way to end my day, but I'm curious to know what's for dessert?" He asks with a smirk on his face. I know what he wants, I smirk back.

"That depends on how the night plays out, if you can behave yourself or not." I said flirtatiously, rubbing my foot against his crotch under the table and he squirms in his seat and continues to eat. I laugh.

"So, how was the case?" I asked and he sighed heavily.

"Not so good. It was a family case, where this little girl was abducted at a carnival and turns out that the people that abducted her were foster care people and they abducted a lot of kids in the past and we couldn't save all the kids that went missing. There was only that girl and two other kids, but there was photographic evidence that there was more kids living there, the husband and wife owned a crematorium so they killed and cremated the kids that didn't listen. Back at the office, were families of the missing children and it was hard to tell them that their child didn't make it." Spencer explained to me and started feeling sad. I could hear it in his voice. I got up from my seat and sat on his lap and wrapped my arms around him and comforted him.

"That's awful babe. I'm sorry that you have to go through with this everyday on the job, but even though you couldn't save every kid, at least you got to save some of them and bring them back to their families. That's what matters, and to the other families, they can get some type of closure in hopes that they can move on." I said, rocking us back and forth.

"You're right. Seeing the families got me thinking though." I look at him with confusion.

"What's that?" I asked.

"I still think that you should talk to your parents." He said. I gave him a look.

Here we go again. I do not want to have this conversation tonight.

"Spence, we've been over this-" he cut me off.

"What's so bad that happened between you and your parents?" He asked, slowly raising his voice at me. I got up from his lap and walked away to the living.

"I don't want to talk about it." I told him.

He got up from his seat and shouted, "You never wanna talk about it! I feel like I don't know you, even though I do. We've been together for almost six months already and whenever I bring up your parents, its a touchy subject for you. Why can't you just try and talk to them for me? I eventually wanna meet them."

"Well you can't Spencer and I can't talk to them."

"You can't or you won't."

"I can't!" I shouted at him.

"Why not?" He shouted back. Should I tell him now?

"I just can't! Just accept it." I said and he shook his head.

"I can't. What's so bad?" He said.

"I can't tell you, not now, not when we're fighing like this." I replied.

"Are you ever gonna tell me?" I shrug my shoulders.

"Then I think you should go." He told me.

I started collecting my things and headed for the door and I exited his apartment.

Crying.

Forgive me Spencer, you'll understand once you know the real reason. The real me.

Spencer Reid

This is what I was afraid of.

Did I just mess things up for us?

Are we even still together after this?

We can work this out, right?

God, I'm so stupid. Why couldn't I just shut my mouth and just let it go?

I didn't have to pressure her like that.

Victoria, I hope you know that I still care about you.