Meeting The Brothers

Victoria Andersen-Menendez

"You ready?" I look to Spencer, as we're standing outside of the prison. He takes a deep breath and nods.

Spencer finished the case two days after we visited my parents grave and the team is back in Virginia, while he stayed back with me to see my brothers. He flashed his badge when we got in the prison so we can skip getting patted down by the guards. As we wait in the visitation area, Spencer keeps bouncing his leg up and down. I put my hand on his knee so he stops.

"Calm down, relax. Everything is gonna go great." I assured him to make him less nervous. But it only worked for like two seconds because his leg started bouncing again.

Then, he suddenly stops as he sees my brothers walking up to us. I get up and hug them both and I'm waiting on Spencer to stand up, but he's in shock right now.

"Don't mind him, he's a bit nervous." I told my brothers as we all take a seat.

"Don't worry about it sis. Hi, I'm Lyle Menendez." He said as he sticks his hand out, waiting for Spencer to shake his hand. I forgot to let them know beforehand about Spencer's germ thing, but reluctantly he shook my brothers hand.

"I'm Erik, nice to meet you." He stick out his hand as well and Spencer shook it. He probably will sanitize his hand later.

"Spencer, as you know already, these are my brothers, Erik and Lyle. Guys, this is Spencer, my boyfriend." I formally introduce them to each other.

"It's nice to finally meet you. Vicky here, has told us a lot about you in her letters." Erik told him.

"Has she? Well, I hope it was all good things." Spencer replied.

"Oh yeah, its always good. She doesn't have one bad bone in her body, she always out weigh the good than the bad. And I mean that, if anyone ever wronged my sister, she's not gonna tell you about the horrible things they did to her, she would always say something positive and that's what I envy about her." Lyle told him.

"She told me that how you guys met was like something out of a movie or book." Erik said. Oh god, here we go.

"Erik can you not-" Lyle cut me off and they both continued to embarass me.

"Yeah yeah, she said it was love at first sight and felt like she was dreaming and hope that it's not a dream." I cover my face with my hands to cover myself from embarassment.

"Vic, you can stop hiding, your boy's not gonna go anywhere." Erik said as I look at him.

"If he's here with you, that means that the deed has been done. Which means he cares about you, am I right?" Erik asked Spencer and he nodded.

"She told you everything?" Lyle questioned, looking at Spencer and he nodded.

"There was this case that my team and I were working on and it was similar to yours and that's when I found out about you guys and how Vic is your sister. So it was kind of fate that she was also here in California, so I asked a colleague of mine to track her location and then I met up with her and told her that I know about her story and we sat and talked and she told me everything." Spencer says to Lyle.

"And what if she wasn't in California?" Erik asked.

"Then I would've left and go back to Virginia and tell her, instead of waiting." Spencer replied.

"You would've done that for my sister?" Lyle asked. Spencer looked at me and nodded.

"Wow, you're a good man." Lyle said.