Epilogue

Years Later

Victoria Reid

"Duncan, Vada time to wake up! The school bus will be here soon to pick you up." I yelled from the kitchen, making my kids breakfast and packing up their lunches.

I check the time and head to my bedroom to wake up my husband.

"Spence, honey. Breakfast is on the table, you have work in a couple hours." I said, shaking him awake. But he wasn't budging, so I just let him sleep in a bit more.

I left the room to go check on the kids to make sure they're getting ready.

I went in Duncan's room first and see him putting his clothes on. I let my kids pick out their own clothes for school, let them be their own person and express themselves with it.

"Duncan, sweetie you almost ready?" I asked him from outside his room and he nodded his head.

"Okay, well when you're done, grab your backpack and breakfast is on the table." I told him as I went to Vada's room.

I see her having trouble getting the knots out her hair, so I went up behind her and grabbed the brush from her hand.

"You know you could've just called for me, I would've come and help you."

"I wanted to be a big girl mama and brush it myself with no help." I nodded, understanding.

"Well sometimes, even big girls need help." I said to her. I put her hair up with a hair tie and braided it as well.

"Okay, cmon get your backpack. Breakfast is on the table, the bus will be here soon." I told her as she ran out the room, to the kitchen.

I walked back to my room and seen the bed empty. I checked the walk-in closet and bathroom and no sign of Spencer. So I went to the kitchen to check up on the kids and see Spencer at the table with them eating.

I walked up behind him and kissed his forehead as he reads the newspaper.

"Good morning." I said to him. He looked up at me and smiled.

"It's a good morning now." He flirted, as his hand went to my ass and gave it a squeeze. I squealed and removed his hand.

"Behave yourself, our kids are watching." I whispered in his ear and I looked at our kids and they're looking at us. I shook my head and laughed and went in the kitchen and place the kids lunches in their lunch bags.

"Kids hurry up now, the bus will be here in about 10 minutes." I reminded them and they nodded at me.

"Spencer, you need a refill?" I asked him, holding up the coffee pot and he said yes.

I went to him and filled up his coffee cup. The kids put their plates in the sink and went by the front door to put on their shoes. I filled up Spencer's coffee tumbler since he has to head to work soon and I grabbed the kids lunch bags and placed it inside their backpacks.

"You ready?" I asked them.

"Yes mom." They both said. I helped them put their backpacks on and we head outside and stand on the curb. I hold both their hands as we wait for the school bus to approach our house.

"Vada, did you study for your test?" I asked her.

"Yes, mama. And thank you for helping me study." She replied. I looked over at Duncan.

"Did you finish your book report?" I said to him and he nodded.

"Dad proofread it and checked for mistakes." He said to me.

I see the school bus in the distance and I kneeled down in front of the both of them and gave them both a kiss.

"You both have a good day at school now, okay?" I told them and they nodded. The school bus stopped in front of us and they both went on. As it drove away, I waved to them.

"We did good, didn't we?" Spencer says as he comes up behind me with his arm around my waist. I turned around and kissed him.

"We did, honey. We sure did." I replied to him.

"I gotta head in to work." He said giving me a kiss. He walked to the car and head in and I stood in front of the driver side.

"I'll be home in time for dinner, IF there isn't a case today." He told me and I nodded at him.

"I love you." He gave me one last kiss and I smiled.

"I love you too." I caressed his cheek and he pulled out the driveway.