Chapter 2: I Miss Him...

Aizawa's POV:

A week after the exam, the letter finally came. I sat sat next to Killua and said, "Alright Killua, you ready to see how you did?" 

He nodded and I opened the letter and set a small disk on the tabletop. A projection then came up and All Might come on screen. He said, "Young Zoldyck!"

Killua frowned but kept listening, "Yes, it is me, All Might! I am the newest teacher at UA High School! Anyway, you, Young Zoldyck," his frown deepened and he actually growled a little bit, "passed the written exam with an 80%. You also scored 120 points on the practical exam! You earned the most points and scored first place! Congratulations! This is your hero academia."

The projection turned off and Killua smirked, "And you guys said that exam would be hard."

I turned to him, "What do you mean?"

"I barely tried and I earned the top score." he clarified.

I gaped at him and said, "You weren't even trying?"

He nodded and stood up. "Wait," I said, "Why did you frown when All Might called you 'Young Zoldyck'?"

He sighed and said, "Let's just say that I am not particularly fond of anyone in my family, well, except my little sisters Alluka and Nanika. The Zoldyck name has a reputation that I am not particularly proud of, regardless of what the rest of my family thinks."

"What kind of reputation do you have?" I ask.

"Let's just say that where I come from, people fear the Zoldyck family, and for good reason." he says quietly.

I stay silent as he walks away, until he opens the door and says, "I'm going to go take a walk, I should be back before dark." before closing the door.

'Who is this kid? He got the highest score in the practical exam of the hardest hero school to get into and wasn't even trying? He comes from a family that people fear where he comes from? Just who is living in my house right now?' I think to myself.

Killua's POV

I was walking around and found myself at a beach called Takoba Municipal Beach Park. I decided to go walk around on the sand. I look around and catch a glance of green hair going around a corner. My heart leaps as I quietly say, "Gon?"

I go to where I saw him with my thoughts racing, 'Is he really here? How did he get here?'

When I got around the corner, I saw a boy with messy, dark green hair and I said, "Gon!" before running to him. He turned around and my heart sank. He had a mess of freckles, a softer jawline, and green eyes. 'It's... not him.' "Oh, s-sorry to bother you... I-I thought you were a friend of mine." I say, struggling to hold back tears.

He smiled and said, "That's all right. I'm Izuku Midoriya. What's your name?"

"Killua," I said softly, tears welling in my eyes.

He gasped and said, "Wait, you're the kid that scored highest on the entrance exam?"

I nod and start to walk away, hoping that I could get away before I started crying. "Wait! Where are you going?" he asked.

I turn and say, "I-I'm going to go home."

I turn and the tears fall from my eyes. 'I miss him so much...'

Deku's POV

Killua turns to me, and I could see the heartbreak in his eyes, "I-I'm going to go home."

He turned back around and I swear I could hear him begin to cry. I turn back to All Might and ask, "Do you think he'll be okay?"

All Might sighs and says, "I don't know. He apparently misses that friend he mistook you as a lot if it got him that upset to realize that it wasn't them."