Chapter 4: Combat Training

Killua's POV

I walked into school for my second day. I got there a little late, so when I walked into the classroom, everyone was staring at me. 'Damn, what did I do?' I thought to myself while moving toward my desk in silence.

Eventually, class got in session and we went through a normal, boring day of school. We went to lunch and I sat at a table all by myself. For obvious reasons, everyone was too intimidated to talk to me, so I sat alone. We got back to the class and then the one guy, I think his name was All Might, came through the door saying, "I am coming through the door like a normal person!" while totally not coming in normal, at all.

Everyone around me was geeking out, but I wasn't amused. I didn't care about this guy, so why should I act like I do? Anyway, he then announced that we were doing battle training and that we got our costumes. Mine was just my normal outfit, a blue turtleneck with a white t-shirt over it, blue shorts, and purplish-red shoes. 

Third Person POV

Some of the students who happened to be faster at changing, Killua, Iida, Bakugou, and Kirishima, walked out before the rest of the students. They all noticed one thing right away, Killua's outfit was very simple. Even All Might was set back by this. He looked at Killua and said, "Young Zoldyck, are you sure you want your outfit to be so... simple?"

Killua frowned and the others stared at him. 'So his last name is Zoldyck?' they all thought.

"First of all, don't use my last name, just call me Killua. Second of all, my outfit is just fine, thank you very much." Killua said sassily.

"But it's custom here to call people by their last name," All Might said, confused.

"Does it look like I care? I'd rather not be reminded of my family every time someone speaks to me." Killua said quietly, but loud enough for all of them to hear.

'Does he have a bad family?' they all thought.

Before anyone else could say anything, the rest of the class came outside. 

Killua's POV

"You are going to be split into teams of two by random." said All Might.

The crazy robot man, Iida, right? raised his hand and said, "There are 21 of us sir, how do you expect an even split?"

"Ah yes, Young Zol- I mean, Killua, will join up with one of your groups," he replied.

I was put into Uraraka and Midoriya's group. It was okay, I guess. We got inside and were ambushed right away. I bolted at Bakugou and sent a shock of electricity at him. I got him down temporarily, and looked away for a moment to see Uraraka go. When I turned back, Bakugou was fighting Midoriya. I couldn't see a way to get into the fight without hurting Midoriya, so I stayed back. I saw Midoriya run away and I took my chance to strike. I lunged at Bakugou and hit him hard in the face. He was knocked down for a moment before getting up. We sparred, but he couldn't hit me. I, on the other hand, hit him many times. Hard. Eventually, I pushed him back and he looked at me, enraged. He raised his gauntlet at me and said, "You know, this thing stores my nitroglycerin sweat. The more sweat I have, the bigger the explosion I can make. This thing is packed full!" before pulling the pin.

I watched the light of the explosion grow in his hand, until I was overwhelmed with heat and light. I was brought back to the worst time of my life.

Flashback

"Jan"

The sphere around Gon's stump of an arm grew.

"Ken"