Just a dream

Bill did not really have an expectation when he raided Shooting Star's dream. Maybe she would be in shock are having not seen him for so long, or maybe she would once again act all annoying and childlike. Regardless, he expected to have complete control of this visit.

What he did not expect, however, was for Shooting Star to let out a practically inhuman screech of his name and come charging at him.

Mabel felt every fiber in her being surge with fury at the sight of the demon smirking at her. In the back of her head, she knew she couldn't really hurt him here, but it was overcome by the sheer desire to take his face and smash it into the ground multiple times.

But sure enough, her arms passed right through him and she stumbled to a stop.

Bill turned around and eyed the girl. "Well well, Shooting Star, you always were one to jump headfirst into danger."

Mabel turned and glared at him. "You bastard. If we weren't in a dream right now, I would kill you!"

Bill floated forward a little, leaning down to match her gaze. "What invokes such rage, Shooting Star? I always thought your uncle and brother hated me more than you."

Mabel reeled her fist back, just barely stopping herself from punching him straight through the face. "You tortured that poor kid for god knows how long! You hurt her, you practically killed her!"

Her emotions managed to change the dream. Bill glanced around as memories played around them, showing Mabel's interactions with the girl. One in particular showed the child's back facing her, the red words cut deep into her skin displayed across her back.

Bill did not think that the humans would grow attached to his daughter. If anything, he thought they would just study her to see how she is connected to him. But no, now it seems at least Shooting Star has grown very attached to her, and possibly vice versa.

He could definitely use this.

Bill looked back at Mabel, who still glared at him. She couldn't help the small ice feeling in her blood when he smirked.

"I see you've met my sweet girl. Tell me, have you had any playtimes with her yet?"

Mabel straight up lunged for the man, only stopped by two tendrils of magic grabbing her arms. Even then she continued to thrash.

Bill walked in small circles, his smirk always in place. "Has she shown you all her scars? I always considered her skin to be a perfect canvas, so clean and bare."

"Shut up!" Mabel screamed, but Bill continued.

"Did she tell you about me? That I cut, hack, and burn her body daily? Most of the times she screams, but sometimes she doesn't. Too tired and in pain, I suppose."

Mabel squeezed her eyes shut, she didn't want to hear anymore. His words just conjured up more disturbing images in her mind.

Feeling a presence directly in front of her, she opened her eyes to see Bill.

"I can't hurt you, Shooting Star, not while I'm only in the dreamscape. But I do have fair control of your mind, and what you perceive."

His hand extended, his finger landing on her forehead. Mabel was finally scared, frozen as she stared up at the demon.

"I can't have you telling your family about this. Not yet, at least. I'm mainly here to make sure I could come here, as well as possibly tease you a bit. But now, I have to get to work, so you are not going to remember any of this. You won't even remember dreaming."

Mabel squirmed, growling under her breath. "We'll stop you, Bill. Whatever you're doing, we'll stop you!"

Bill chuckled. "You will try, Shooting Star, but ultimately you will fail."

He then leaned closer, and Mabel tensed as he whispered something to her.

"And when I have my little girl back where she belongs, I will make sure she watches you suffer. First I will teach her a lesson for running away, while you and your family watches. Then, I'll slowly drive your family mad before ripping you all to pieces. And I'll make her watch all of it. Maybe I'll even make her clean up the mess afterwards... with her mouth."

Mabel's eyes were wide in horror now. Bill smirked as his hand on her forehead started to glow.

"Till we meet again, Shooting Star. Don't know where, don't now when, but I know we'll meet again some dark, death ridden day!"

————

Mabel jerked up on the couch, half of her face slightly sweaty from being pressed against the couch fabric. Her hand rubbed at her face, groaning in mild drowsiness. She must've dozed off for a few minutes, just a small nap.

Looking around, the young woman spied her brother and Pacifica by the tables, each doing their own thing it seemed. She slowly got up, her leg having fallen asleep at some point.

"Hey, bro! Sorry I fell asleep, what did I miss?"

————

Back at the shack, Stan was dozing in his chair, not really asleep but not entirely coherent either. The girl still sat cross-legged on the couch, staring at the tv.

She had tried to follow the story it seemed to be telling; this premature organic named Charlie wanted to go to this huge building that makes something called candy. There were also these other premature organics, but she didn't like them as much. They kinda acted like her dads friends. In the beginning of the story, there was also white stuff covering the outside world, little dots falling from the sky as well. She didn't know what it was called, but it looked pretty.

When organics first appeared on the box, she thought they were somehow shrunken down to appear on the screen. But when she crawled off the couch and started tapping at the screen, the older organic with her laughed and said they weren't really there.

Well, regardless of whether or not they were actually there, she felt bad for Charlie and the people he lived with. They lived in a terribly built shelter. There was even a giant hole right next to his bed! She kinda wanted him to win whatever they were doing, where you look for a shiny yellow-like ticket inside the chocolate bars, whatever those are.

Stan snorted as he jerked up, having fallen asleep for just a minute. He glanced over at the couch and was glad to see the girl looked a little more less tense, still watching the movie.

"So, kid, you enjoying it?"

The girl glanced at him, her yellow eyes still big. Stan expected nothing, so he was a bit surprised when she gave a small barely noticeable nod. She then turned back to the movie.

Stan called it a small win.

————

Enjoy!

Honestly though, I don't know if I'm taking this too slow or too fast. Please let me know.