Chapter 1- treat her well

It was seven o'clock of a very warm evening in the Seeonee hills when father wolf woke up from his days rest, scratched himself, yawned, and spread out his paws one after the other to get rid of the sleepy feeling in there tips. Mother wolf lay with her big grey nose dropped across her four tumbling, squealing cubs, and the moon shone into the mouth of the cave where they all lived.

"Did you hear that?" Asked the youngest cub awakening from his slumber. The shielding parents threw there long and muscular body's at the entrance to there home, looking out into the vast distance of the jungle. "Hello?" Came a young and tender voice from the depths of the realms only ravine.

The father wolf walked out the cave, his paws plummeting down slowly with each daring step he took down the crooked stone walls. "Please help me?" The voice came again, this time quieter and more exhausted sounding. As he turned his head, there standing on the stone floor was a young teenage woman .

On the opposite side of her was the packs jackal, Tabaqui. The wolves of the jungle despise of Tabaqui because he runs around making mischief, and telling tales, and eating rags and pieces of leather from the village rubbish heaps. But they were afraid of him to, so you could imagin how the guardian wolf Rahma felt when this despicable animal began snapping his jaws at the girl.

"Step away!" The father wolf screamed placing himself infront of the human, who when looking back he realised in a sudden instant was holding a young infant amongst her arms, wrapped tightly in a blue knitted blanket.

Tabaqui stepped back, following his elders orders, but his inability to keep a secret caused a mob of critters gathering round the curves of the ravine and looking down in utter confusion. Rahma looked back towards the young girl who had now bowed down to his height in honour.

The child she held had bright hazel eyes, that glistened amongst the suns rise. "Now this is the law of the jungle, as old and as true as the sky" the woman began holding her baby towards him. "And the wolf that shall keep it must prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die" tears began to drop form her eyes.

Then Rahma began to finish it, confirming she was in a safe place. "As the creeper that gurdles the tree trunk, the law runeth fourth and back." He whispered. "For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" and with that she handed the child over, placing her down on the mud baked floor.

"I can't take care of her, but I trust my own kind to" she spoke in a heart breaking voice. "Promise me you will raise her as your own" she asked. The father wolf new exactly what to do, and raised his paw to her long boney fingers. "What is her name?" He asked slowly taking in the infants smell.

"Her name is Ramona, meaning savour and protector" the teen replied before standing up once more and turning to face away. The father wolf grabbed the child by his large wight fangs and climbed his way back up the hill, allowing the mother one last goodbye kiss before she fled of into the trees.

"Children, gather" the mother wolf said as they walked into there humble abode. "Meet your new sister, Ramona" Raksha said grinning. The cubs gathered round in joy as they stared down upon her pale white and silky face. Like the skin of a frog they thought, and the eyes of an ape, but beauty like none other.

The truth behind why this troubled teen gave up her only child is unknown, but the storey behind it all however is a tale like none other. And as Ramona grew with her pack, She never once had an answer to her one dying question, why would someone give me away?