Chapter 5- new world

Ramona woke to the pungent smell of hospital disinfectant invading her nostrils. The room was silent apart from her heavy breathing and the beep
Sound which occurred every so often. Reassuring her she was still alive. She opened her eyes, squinting in an attempt to sharpen the blurred images before her.

Then glanced around and took in the bright lights stretched across the rooms ceiling, to her it was like two mini suns in the sky, reflecting of the blue and white streaks of her new gown. Long spindly cables where connected to her chest, making it difficult to move. And a large mask sheltered her lips, echoing the loud sound of her breathing continuously around her head.

"She's awake!" Came a deep voice from outside. The young girl ripped off her mask and leads, getting up quickly from her bed. She stumbled around feeling increasingly light headed, and her back was aching badly causing her to wince out in pain. "Hey, kid" a woman said rushing over to catch her.

She wore a bright red jacket and blue jeans, complementing her locks of blond curl hair and tinted green eyes. But Ramona backed away, pushing the woman's hand off her in anger. "Where am I!" She yelled pushing herself against the the wall and away from the other doctors "what happened" she then whispered looking around the room.

There were no trees, no dirt, nothing. Her breathing got faster and faster, her hands shaking with fear. The woman looked over at the doctors with a worried look stretched across her face. "Emma" a man said placing his hands on the shoulder of her jacket. "Maybe it's best if we call Archie, he deals with this stuff" he said unable to keep his eyes of the girl.

But before she could answer the child made a run for it, pushing her way passed the adult and out into the hallway. The Adrenalin coursed Through her veins as she sprinted faster and faster down the hall, Emma and the doctor not far behind her. She halted at the base of a large staircase, looking up to the top floor above and gulped.

"Come back" Emma screamed startling everyone else in the hospital around them. But the girl did not listen and instead began climbing through the centre of the staircase, skipping large amounts of steps on the way up. This was something the two chasers couldn't do so it left them about a mile behind her in height.

A thin layer of sweat covered the nape of her neck as she looked around wondering where to go next. Then at the end of the corridor, she began to spot her first hint of home. A large oak tree stood just outside the window.

The cold air bit into her lungs as she stepped out onto the ledge, turning back to see the concerned adults running towards her. "Don't!" The doctor shouted reaching out to grab the side of the child's ankle, but he missed, letting her skip away and dive out into the tree.

The two watched with their eyes and mouths wide open as she grabbed hold of a small branch, then landing perfectly on the ground. "Let's call graham" Emma said before looking down towards her sherif badge. Dr whale nodded wiping the sweat from his forehead and into the dry clean floor.

Soon enough the young girl found herself sprinting down the streets, startling the many residents that went about there say. She felt her entire body working, her leg muscles running warm, fresh air entering her lungs and blood. Then as she could go no longer, her legs held tight to the ground, a beat set of feet entering her lungs and blood.

She paused, turning her head towards a sign, it was coated in gold, and had a word written of which she couldn't read. But with they sirens not far behind her she pushed open the door and walked inside, letting the warm change of atmosphere hit her scrunched up face.

The room was dark, and incredibly dusty. The walls where encased with shelves, holding items of many kinds . They almost looked ancient, as if they had been pulled from a fictional story book. In front of them stood long desks, held up with large glass pains. The floor was a deep oak, small purposely placed holes around it creating space for insulation, which the place clearly needed.

She walked cautiously around the floor board, making a creaking noise with every step. There was a door leading out back and as she went through it two figures stood before her. One who happened to be on the phone. "Don't worrie miss Swan we found her" he said slowly before placing it down on the desk.

Ramona looked at them confused l, wondering what it could be. The man had long greyish brown hair and dark brown eyes. "What's your name" the man said walking over to her with his cane. She looked down upon. She looked down at the ground before answering. "Kira" she said using the name of a gibbon she once met on her travels.

The two led Kira over to a couch and sat her down slowly. "I'm mr gold, this is my love, belle" he said coughing out into a small handkerchief right after. "How old are you?" Belle asked handing her jacket to the child. "Eleven" she answered slowly beginning to feel she could trust someone. The two gave each other concerned looks, not expecting someone that small to be that age.

"I want to go home" she whispered a tear dropping from her left eye. "And where's that?" Belle asked turning to her in sympathy. "Seeonee hills, the jungle" she replied her bottom lip trembling. Belle placed her warm hands over the girls, and this time Kira didn't pull away.