Chapter 3- shere khann

He went by the name of Shere Khan, and he owned the face of the devil himself. A scar traveled from the tip of his left ear and sliced directly through his left bloodshot eye, one of Which he could no longer see from. The beast had claws longer and sharper than any other, which at this particular moment where being used to scratch markings across the sides of peace rock.

Ramona sat there hiding, her own heart about to abandon her in shock. He hands shook from fear, sweat dripping down from the roots of her long curly hair. "So many smells to catch up on" Shere Khan laughed walking down slowly past the terrified crowd.

"I can't help but notice there's a strange odour today, what is it? This sent that I'm on?" He asked. Of course he already knew what it was, and he knew very well where the cub was hiding. "Ramona belongs to my pack!" Akela yelled facing him with a protective growl. "Her father was a cowered!" He roared.

"Mother" Akela corrected, Releasing his claws in defence. "Oh so that's what your going with?" The tiger laughed confusing Ramona, who sat there unable to say anything back. Instead she stared over to her wolf mother and siblings who were curled up together in the distance.

"She's just a cub" akela said stepping down to face him. "Does my face not remind you of what a grown human can do, shift your hunting ground for a few years and everyone forgets how the law works, well let me remind you. A woman cub becomes a woman and man and woman are forbidden!" He screamed showing his large set of white fangs.

"What do you know about law?" Rashka said flailing his long black tail in the wind. "Hunting for pleaser, killing for power! You've never known the law, the cub is mine so go back to where you come from you burned beast" he yelled snapping his jaw so loud you could hear it click from a mile away.

Akela then stepped In. "The tiger knows who rules this part of the jungle, I'm sure he doesn't mean to come here and make threats, especially during a water truce" he confirmed raising an eyebrow at Shere Khan.

"Though I'm deeply respectful of these laws to keep us safe, so here's my promise. Nothing lasts forever, the rain will return and the river will rise, and when This rock disappears the truce ends. You want to keep her, fine. But ask yourselves, how many lives is a woman cub really worth" he asked staring round at everyone, then suddenly he walked off, his orange and black stripes disappearing into the Long grass.

For seven days and seven nights the pack talked, leaving Ramona alone in her den. They thought hard about what Shere Khan hard said, wondering wether to really continue raising this child of man. But the girl was to focused on what the tiger had said about her father being a cowered. It was her mother who brought her here, or so she had been told. So what did this beast know of her father?