J. Cade| Pure Red

Kinda think that I want to make this an actual fanfiction... but who knows! Maybe I will after school lets out in a couple weeks
May 27, 2021
————————————

The first thing I do after arriving in Tulsa Oklahoma for the summer, is head to my parents house. If you can even call them that.

Personally, I think they lost all the right to that title the second they hit my little brother, Johnny, and I.

My hand hesitates for a second, hovering over the door, before I force it forward. A solid minute after I knock, the face of the woman I inherited mine from appears on the other side of the screen.

"Look what the cat dragged in," A smug little grin crosses her lips as she takes a swig from a bottle of whiskey and leans on the door frame.

"I'm here for Johnny."

My voice sounds clipped and dry, as though I haven't had any water in a week.

"Geez, you raise a kid for nineteen years-"

"And hit her for nine. Where's Johnny?" It doesn't come out as a question so much as a statement. A demand, if you will.

A loud snore comes from the couch behind her, undoubtedly from dad, passed out from ten too many drinks.

The sudden smell of beer, whiskey, and vodka hits my nose all at once, causing it to wrinkle in a slight grimace.

After my little demand comes out, 'mom' looks me up and down, taking in my new look.

Over the now two years I've spent at college, I've adapted the look: a plain button-up tucked into swing skirts or cuffed jeans. Right now, the cuffs of my jeans sit right above the high top of my white tennis shoes, a red Coca-Cola shirt loosly tucked into my pants.

"Probably hanging out with those greasers he's always around." She answers, slamming the door in my face, and shutting off the stench of alcohol in the process.

I stand there for a moment, trying to remember where Johnny and his friends hang out.

The first place that comes to mind is the Dingo. I smile a little, remembering all the times I bought Johnny milkshakes and fries as an apology for our parents behaviour.

Bouncing off the steps so I can head over to the dinky diner.

Just as it was when I left, the Dingo has greasers sprinkled all over the parking lot, smoking and swearing. There's a couple making out in the back of a car, and I avert my gaze immeadiatly, as to not see anything that I don't want to.

I look around for Johnny in the small parking lot, then inside the filthy diner. With no luck, I turn around to look for him somewhere else.

"What's a pretty Soc like you doing around here," A greasy voice breaths down my neck, causing my back to go ridged.

"I'm no Soc." Just as with my mom, my voice comes out stiff and clipped, not wanting to lead the greaser on in any way.

"Sure do look the part, bet you do without the clothes too," The boy's voice sends a cold chill through the air.

My shoulders scrunch in as I stand still, the greaser still behind me. His arms start to snake around my waist and all I see is red.

Pure. Red.

Resting at my side, my hands curl into angry fists, but they stay there until I feel the boy's breath in the crook of my neck.

Before I can rationize any action, I whip around, my fist connecting with the greasers face with enough force to send him stumbling back with curse words streaming from his mouth.

As I tenderly hold my hand, which is throbing in pain, the greaser regains his balance, but is still holding his nose.

A crimson liquis starts to seep through his fingers.

"Feisty little broad," He mumbles to himself, a couple words of choise following.

I flex my hand to try and rid it of it's pain. "I'm not a-" My head snaps up, suddenly recognizing the voice. "Dallas Winston?!"

Rembering back to my days as a full on greaser girl, rebeloius little Dally Winston enters my memories.

"Who's asking?" He rubs his nose again before looking up. "Y/N? Does Johnny know your here?"

Not giving me a chance to respond, a scrawny sixteen year old pushes his way through the small crowd that's gathered gradually.

I catch his gaze and my face lights up.

With long, heavily greased hair and a denim jacket covering his shoulders, the kid I've been looking for is suddenly in the flesh.

"Johnny!"

————————————
Hope you enjoyed! Stay gold 🌅 -Lumos_Silver