P. Curtis| Nothing

I know this is a lot shorter than the other ones I've done, but I think it's cute!
June 6, 2021
————————————

"Meaning that x equals 27," Ponyboy finishes explaining a study problem we were given to study for math class.

We've been friends since we were five years old. I've been there for it all: when he met the boys that are now make up our little gang, when Ponyboy first tried a cigarette and I found it nasty, when his parents passed away eight months ago, I was there.

So obviously, I could never have feelings for him right?

Wrong.

As I sit here across from him on the foot of his bed, my eyes can't help but to wander over his face while Ponyboy sits there, oblivious to my roaming eyes.

A dramatic sigh slips out of my mouth, causing Pony to look up.

"What?" I ask.

"Your the one who sighed," Pony pokes me with the eraser part of his pencil.

"That's fair."

We share a small smile before a heavy textbook falls to the ground, slipping off the end of bed, making me jump. The sudden knocking on the closed door makes Ponyboy jump.

"What's going on in here?" Darry pops his head through the doorway.

"Nothin' Darry, a book just fell," Pony looks down at the book on the floor.

Darry nods. "Hey, Anna? Your parents called. They want you home for dinner."

I nod.

And with that, and a suspicious look, Darry closes the door again, leaving us alone.

"Same time tomorrow?" Ponyboy asks, walking around the room and helping me gather my notebooks.

"We have the test tomorrow, dummy," I tease lightly, smoothing out the sheets on his bed.

Pony freezes, realizing his mistake. He straightens his back. "I mean, we don't have to study or anything. We could just grab milkshakes at the Dingo, if you want."

I smile at his stuttering and clasp my hands behind my back. I lean in so that I'm a foot away from his face. "Are you trying to ask me out?"

It takes a second, but Ponyboy nods slowly.

"Well then! Same time tomorrow!" I press a small kiss to Pony's cheek before turning on my heel and walking out of the room, an angry mob of butterflies fluttering around in my stomach.

Sodapop slips past me as I exit the room.

"What's going on 'same time tomorrow'?" I hear him ask Ponyboy.

"Nothing!" We call out simultaneously.

————————————
Hope you enjoyed! Stay gold 🌅 -Lumos_Silver