𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

∗

When Aelianna arrived home her brother was sat on the stairs, blocking the path towards the door. When Benedict got down from his horse he helped her get down, the pair making their way towards Dione. Elia's eyes were really read and puffy, she waa preoccupied that Benedict didn't like her anymore because of her intrude earlier. Making her apologize to him all the way back home only for him to respond her with kind words.

"What happened?" Dione asked once he saw her. Walking closer to them.

"It's fine." Elia whispered softly. Looking briefly at Benedict. "I'll be inside in a couple of minutes."

She wanted to talk to him. So Dione stepped inside their home, leaving the pair alone.

"Benedict,"

"Shh." He interrupted. "I'm sorry you saw that, I really I'm. That wasn't in the plan, and I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier."

"You didn't had-"

"Yes! I wish I would! Today was supposed to be one of the happiest days of my life, I was supposed to ask the girl I truly love for her hand! But my brother mad plans got in the way!"

"You were what?" She breathed. Million thoughts were running through her mind. Was she the girl?

"Lia, I hope that what you saw earlier doesn't change your thoughts about me, because it would break me." His eyes started to fill with tears. He was vulnerable, in-front of her. "I-" he was doing it, not the way he hoped for but he was trying.

"Elia, inside." Samson said form the door, interrupting Benedict's speech.

"Papa?"

"Inside, honey." He repeated, with a last gaze from him, she entered her home. Leaving A Half open mouth Benedict with Samson Veuilleton. "Bridgerton." He sighed and nod his head. Entering his home afterwards. He wasn't going to let Benedict ask for her hand in that way, he wanted for her daughter to have a pure moment not a heated, impulsive way.

Benedict stayed still, he was clearly sad. So he just turned around and headed home.

"I am engaged."

"Oh!" Violet said from her spot on the couch. The matriarch of the Bridgerton children drank so much last night that she was having a headache. "Well, that is wonderful news. So, you will be a princess."

"No."

"No?" Violet asked.

"No, I will not. Mama, I am engaged to the duke. The duke asked for my hand, and I accepted." Daphne said. Violet was thrilled but Daphne was still on an state of shock.

"You do not seem pleased. Whatever is wrong?" Violet asked.

"Oh no. No... Nothing is wrong. It simply happened so quickly. I've not had a moment to take it in. But I am overjoyed, Mama, truly." Daphne told her mother.

"Of course you are. You are to be a duchess! Oh, darling! I knew there was something between you... ruse or not! Well, tell me. Tell me everything How do you feel?"

"So in love. I'm unsure how I can be expected
to wait an entire month to marry. Could we not obtain a special license to marry this week?" She breathed. Violet's eyes widen she didn't expected for her daughter to asked that kind of question. "I do not wish to lie to you... But the duke and I..."

But Violet stopped her. " You do not need to tell me anything. Whatever happened between the two of you, it is all right. I know good society makes quite a fuss about such things... but when it comes to love, such things happen more frequently than one might expect. Even your father and I, we had trouble controlling our passions as well."

"Your drink, ma'am."

"Will not be necessary, Wilson. I am feeling much improved. We have a wedding to plan in three days." The viscountess Bridgerton was drilled. "My darling girl, you are getting what you always wanted. You are marrying for love."

One may say modesty is a virtue, yet this author
is hardly a virtuous woman.

It is therefore my great pleasure to announce the news others questioned, but I never doubted.

The diamond of the season has made her match, officially betrothed to the Duke of Hastings.

The bride, undoubtedly, is giddy with anticipation over the impending nuptials an event that will apparently take place sooner rather than later.

Of course, there are only two reasons to procure a special license and race to the altar: true love, or concealing a scandal.

This morning was not what many would have woken up to, but so much had happened before dawn that some might find it quite scandalous.

Aelianna Veuilleton had only wished for a morning walk through the fields but ended up in the middle of an illegal duel.

Benedict Bridgerton, was being his brother's second in an illegal duel, promising and sealing many promises that he wished he had not made, since he did not know if he would be able to fulfill. Leaving his thought about marriage with someone he truly love.

The duke, Simon Bassett, was ready to die that very morning because he couldn't keep his hands in his pockets, taking with him a lady's most precious thing.

Daphne Bridgerton was ready to stop the duel her older brother had faced, but she ended up betrothed to someone who didn't even want to be with her.

And finally Anthony Bridgerton, who risked his life to save the family name from scandal.

"Honeybee?" Knocking softly on the girl's door and opening afterwards. Entering her bedroom as sitting on her bed. Aelianna on the other hand was looking through he window. "Are you alright?"

"Do I look alright, papa?" She whispered while turning around. "I-I...all my life I been trying so hard. But it just don't seem to be enough, people look at me weirdly, is it because of my freckles? Because I didn't asked for them! Is it because of the way that I act? the way that i stand? I just want to be with one man! One! But he doesn't seem to care for me the way I care for him. I'm running out of time! I-I'm running out of time, papa."

"Running out of time?" Samson asked with a look of confusion.

"You would know when the time comes." She answered. But he was more confused.

"Aelianna," he never used her complete name. "What is happening?" He asked in a stern voice.

She sobbed. "I can't tell you." She couldn't look at him.

"Why?"

"Because there is nothing you could do about it, papa."