Our future

Taehyung woke up in the bed alone.. Jungkook is always already gone as soon as he wakes up. He's getting use to it.

The might be living in one roof but they rarely see each other. Jungkook is always busy and so he is. Taehyung gets home when Jungkook is already sleeping and Taehyung wakes up when Jungkook is already gone for work. It's like they never existed on each other's lives.

Taehyung would think, is this gonna continue on the future? Would they end up living like this forever?

Taehyung shook the thoughts away. He picks up his phone and dialed a number. "Hello, good morning boss. I would like to have a rest day..."

~~~~~~~

Taehyung's face lit when he heard a beep coming from the door, indicating someone's coming in.

He stood up and walked to Jungkook.

"Hyung?" His voice is hoarse, probably tired from working.

"Good evening love." Taehyung gave him a kiss on the cheek. "I made dinner."

Jungkook stared at him for a second before shaking his head. "I already ate at the office.. I'm really tired hyung, I need some sleep."

Taehyung's face dropped. "Oh... A-alright."

Jungkook gave him a peck on the lips before walking towards their room, Taehyung's eyes follow him. When Jungkook was out of his sight, he lowered his head.

"This isn't working anymore."

~~~~~~~

"Jungkook, can't you take a day off? I miss the old days when we have whole day dates." Taehyung said, watching Jungkook fix his outfit infront of a full body mirror.

"You know I can't hyung.. We're really busy right now since we had more competitors. And I can't take you to whole day dates anymore because even when I'm off, I still have things to do. How about dinner next time, yeah?" Jungkook answered.

"That's what you said last year." Taehyung whispered under his breath. Loud enough for Jungkook to hear.

Jungkook heaves a heavy sigh. "Hyung we can't always stay in the past, you know that. We need to make adjustments in our time and for our future. We can't always stay as we were before."

Taehyung lowered his gaze to his hands, fingers playing with his rings. He slowly slid it out his fingers and placed it on his palm.

"I know we won't always be the same." He uttered. "But I still hope we stay like we used to."

~~~~~~~

After thinking of it for many days, Taehyung finally made a decision.

He packed all his things as soon as Jungkook leaves for work.

Even tho his face was full of tears, he continued packing until the last stroller.

It is a decision that has to be made. Like Jungkook said, they can't stay as they were before.

For the last time, he glances on the house before getting in his car.

No matter how much riches they have, the fruits of their hard work. It can never buy them the time they need.

~~~~~~~

"Dada! I want ice cream!" The kid squealed, pointing at the ice cream vendor at the park.

Taehyung reached for his wallet and took a dollar. "Don't get messy, 'kay?" He gave him the dollar and ruffles the kid's hair.

The kid smiled and nodded before running towards the ice cream stall.

Taehyung stood straight, fondly staring at the young boy.

"He look so much like his mom." He mumbled, smiling.

"It is you."

Taehyung froze on his feet when a familiar voice spoke behind him. He immediately turn towards the voice.

"Jungkook..." He became flustered.

"It's been years.. 5? 5 years, was it?"

"6..." Taehyung corrected, not looking at Jungkook's eyes.

After he left him, he never thought he would see him again.

"You have a little boy.. how old is he?" Jungkook ask, eyes on the giggly little boy licking his dirty ice cream.

Taehyung followed his gaze. "He's my late sister's son, I adopted him. He's 5 now." Taehyung answered, then his gaze went to the kids playing.. on a particular kid, that looks exactly like the man beside him right now.

"How about your little guy? 4 I bet? He looks exactly like you." Taehyung smiled, a bit forced.

Jungkook lowered his head and smiled bitterly. "5... Almost 6. I... I had him when I was going through depression and frustrated... After... You left."

Taehyung whipped his head towards him, tears brimming in the corner of his eyes. "I.. I'm sorry." Taehyung can't stop it anymore, he burst into tears.

"No.. I'm sorry. If I had listen to you and gave you my time, you wouldn't have ran away." Jungkook uttered, holding all his emotions back. "I wouldn't have lost you."

"I'm sorry.. I never thought it would hurt you so much. It was because I thought you would be fine without me because even when we're together--"

"You were the source of my strength hyung." Jungkook cut him off. "You were the only reason left why I was still sane even after I drown myself at work. When you were gone... I lost myself too."

Taehyung covered his mouth with his hands, sobbing.

"After I had him." Jungkook looks on his son. "I found a new reason to stay sane... I might not love his mother but I love him so much, more than my life."

The wind blew stronger, ruffling their hairs.

"We can never stay in the past... We need to change and move on." Jungkook said, turning his gaze to Taehyung, smiling warmly but his eyes tell he's hurting. "But you never changed hyung.. you are still as Beautiful as the first time I found you and loved you." He said as he stretch his arm to tuck Taehyung's hair behind his ear.

"I never thought our future that I've been trying to protect would be separated."

*******