Misunderstanding

Inspired by the song 'heather' by Conan gray and 'the one that got away' cover by Brielle Von Hugel(originally by Katy Perry)

Taehyung's POV

When will you ever notice how much I like you? Will you ever?
Even if you'll know, would you like me back?.... Probably not. Because your eyes are only on her. Only on the girl you love.

Why did I even like you?

Maybe because of...

The way you treat me.

The way you look at me.

How much your compliments flatters me.

How much you make me happy.

I assumed that you like me and I started developing feelings for you. Especially when you kissed me once, I was flustered at that time so I didn't met you for days.

I decided to confess my feelings for you, but even before I could... You said you like someone.

And that was her.

The most prettiest girl in campus. Heather.

Most of the boys like her, I won't wonder if you like her too. Even love, maybe.

And who am I kidding? Why would I assume you'd like a guy? You're straight, you're attracted to women not gays... Like me.

Remember your jacket ,you said that looks good on me?
I was dumbfounded when I heard you gave it to her.
Maybe it looks better on her.

And your attention was only on her, he forgotten about me. I almost felt like you didn't even remember my whole existence.

I always watch as she got you mesmerized when she's passing by.

I know.. I feel it.. she likes you too.

And every student at school ships you with her.

What can I do? I'm just your best friend.. who secretly likes you.

As all the people tease you with her.. I'm just at the corner. Dying from pain.

I wanted to hate her but how can I? She's a kind and nice person.

How I wish I was her. But sometimes I wish she were dead.

So I can tell you how much I like you, hold your hand, embrace you...

But all I can do is look at you from afar while you holds her hand, envy her, and forced myself to support you because it was your happiness. Sometimes, I would even join on teasing but Inside I was getting broken. Piece by piece.

Whenever I feel alone, I just remember our memories together and look at the matching tattoos we got when you turned 18.

That time when we snuck out so we can enjoy the night at the park looking at the stars.

That day we took my mom's car so we can drive on our own everywhere.

Everytime we defend each other from our parents when we did something wrong.

Every moment I catch you staring and you just smile.

And that very moment, when you kiss me while I was half asleep.

Why did you even kiss me?

I feel so pathetic of assuming that you like me because of how you act towards me.

I really wish I were Heather.

But I'm not..

I can't always just look at you, I also needed to move on... So I went away, without telling you.